Ginger (View all Jobs)
Remote - U.S.
1. Realistic coding exercise 2. Take-home project 3. Virtual onsite (system design, experience, and culture)
Headspace and Ginger have recently merged to become Headspace Health! While roles are still being recruited separately on our respective websites, new hires from this point forward will be joining Headspace Health. For more information, please speak with your recruiter!
About the Manager, Engineering (Platform) at Headspace Health:
In this role you will join a cross-functional team focusing on creating the tools and frameworks that allow engineers to build and release quickly, free of unnecessarily complicated technical processes and inefficiencies, while creating a scalable, reliable, and maintainable platform that fosters future growth and expansion.
Being on the engineering team, you’ll be working on a product that impacts more than 65M users. You will help us bring new features to life to meet our mission, while also helping push our platform to newer technologies as we embrace the cutting edge. A big goal needs talented people, so come join us and give your day job a sense of purpose!
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace Health:
- Execution and delivery - do not let projects get stuck, remove roadblocks from the team before they are reached, getting your hands dirty in the code by doing the pieces in the gaps that would cause too great a context switch for your team
- Proactive communication - engaging with the team’s stakeholders to anticipate their needs, delivering on them, or transparently adjusting expectations.
- People management - coaching, mentoring, and performance management are all critical traits of a people manager. Leading with empathy and being able to extract the best out of the team and enable them to grow in their careers.
What you’ve accomplished:
- 6+ years of relevant engineering work experience
- 2+ hands-on technical management experience
- Able to use business knowledge to guide team technical decisions
- Strong analytical, problem solving and process improvement skills
- Evaluates existing applications to determine technical changes
- Leading teams through complex multi month projects with clear goals, deliverables, measurements, and milestones
- Excels at software delivery. You are a pro at architecture, testing, monitoring, alerting, and are excited to apply these principles to your team
- Ability to thrive in a startup (fast-paced, agile) environment
- Strong communication skills and the ability to be self-directed when necessary
- Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers
- Been actively involved in setting a tooling strategy
- Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering
- BA/BS degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace Health, please apply with your resume and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.
How we feel about Diversity & Inclusion:
Headspace Health is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together.
As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace Health. Please inform our Talent team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Headspace Health participates in the E-Verify Program.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄