Senior Data Scientist (Analytics)
Textio (View all Jobs)
1. Initial screen to discuss experience and interest in a role at Textio 2. Take-home programming task is discussed during a 1-hour tech screen (on-site or remote) 3. Finally a larger take-home project, simulating real work, is discussed during an on-site presentation plus 1-1s; How we hire
$151,500 - $218,500.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Python, SQL, R
Note: We support 100% remote work for applicants who reside in the following states: California, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, Texas and Washington.
Textio embraces diversity and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports persons of all identities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented and/or marginalized identities to apply.
Textio's mission is to build software that creates understanding between people. Our category-defining augmented writing platform has transformed the way that thousands of companies write and hire, and now we are looking for a creative, curious, and experienced Senior Data Scientist to join us.
Are you passionate about creating meaningful business guidance from analytics data? In this role you will help evolve our analytics strategy by partnering with a welcoming and collaborative team of data scientists, engineers, product managers, and others, in order to advance Textio's quantitative understanding of our users, product, and business.
Textio is a phenomenal place to build, learn, experiment, and deliver impact as a data scientist! Insights from your analyses will power strategic company decisions, product direction, and the stories that Textio shares with the world. You will measure the quality and impact of current and future Textio features, build end-to-end analysis workflows, turn ad-hoc insights into data products, and directly bring value to customers through your work.
What you'll be doing:
- Partnering with colleagues to understand Textio's analytics needs, developing strategies to address them, and translating results into operational, product, and customer impact
- Leading development of product instrumentation, metrics, and experimentation capabilities
- Designing, creating, and maintaining self-service analytics/BI solutions and the data sources and pipelines that back them (using tools such as Python, SQL, Tableau, Mixpanel, AWS, etc.)
- Strengthening Textio's data-driven culture through mentorship, cross-functional partnerships, and technical leadership
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have 4+ years creating precise, interpretable, inventive, and repeatable analyses strongly guided by business context
- Enjoy discovering the narrative in a complex data set using scripting, statistical inference, modeling/machine learning, and visualization
- Revel in helping teams define and track their success metrics, and better understand how their work bubbles up to overall company success; bonus if you have this experience while supporting a SaaS product
- Have a proven track record of mentorship and technical leadership, and enjoy investing time in the growth of your colleagues
- Have demonstrated experience mapping ambiguous problems into clear plans that enable collaborators to take concrete steps alongside you
- Channel your curiosity into initiative to dive in, explore the data, ask questions, and figure things out
- Communicate your point of view but are low ego
We are building a truly diverse, equitable, and inclusive engineering team, and we have outstanding benefits to support our team members.
- We are a fully distributed team. Without a central office, everyone's on an equal footing wherever you're based. Our positions are open to residents of California, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, Texas, and Washington.
- We offer flexible schedules and unlimited time off. We’re about long-term growth and success, so that means working sustainably.
- We provide outstanding health care, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
- Paid time to volunteer at non-profits. If you volunteer enough, we'll match your hours with donations.
- On demand mentoring with Bravely.
The salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $151,500 - $218,500. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. We will provide more information on our benefits and equity upon request. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for >Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Textio embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Textio will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you require accommodation please contact email@example.com or (206) 492-8337 ext. 785.
Working at Textio is outstanding. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://textio.com/careers/. Reach out and share your story with us!
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄