Github (View all Jobs)
Remote - Europe
1. Take-home exercise 2. Code review and technical discussions.
As an Advocate on GitHub’s Customer Engagement team, you will play a key role in influencing and increasing GitHub’s brand and product awareness globally. In this role you will be the face of GitHub to our enterprise audience and represent the company in GitHub-led activities as well as third party conferences and events (both virtually and in-person). The ideal candidate will have a sharp technical and business mind, extraordinary presentation and facilitation skills and a proven ability to strategize around the delivery of content in a variety of mediums. The candidate will also have the aptitude and passion to become a master of GitHub’s product capabilities, underlying technology, competitive advantages and be fully aware of major trends in Software Development. This role works closely with product, engineering, marketing and sales leaders across the company and will be a part of the Global Advocacy team within the Customer Engagement team at GitHub.
- Be the face and voice of GitHub externally. Facilitate and present at GitHub-led activities (webinars, conferences, Executive Briefings, etc.) as well as third party conferences and events, both large and small.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Sales teams at GitHub to prioritize activities and attendance based on organizational priorities and external feedback
- Be a thought leader. Coordinate with internal stakeholders within GitHub’s Product, Engineering and Marketing functions to continuously refine content and generate ideas for new content for externally facing activities
- Build product demos in conjunction with GitHub’s Sales, Product and Engineering teams and deliver them at scale in relevant mediums
- Stay in tune with industry trends and document feedback from each activity. Create summaries for GitHub’s Product, Engineering and Leadership teams on the learnings
- Build a wide and diverse network amongst the enterprise developer community so they know there is a trustworthy individual inside GitHub that can advocate for their needs
- 10+ years of experience in a customer-facing sales, developer relations, consulting or facilitation roles
- Significant knowledge and experience within the software development industry
- Strong understanding of open source, Git and GitHub workflows
- Ability to have a technical conversation around the DevOps workflow including Planning, source control, CI/CD and deployment to cloud
- Exceptional organizational skills; this role requires orchestrating diverse stakeholders and a critical attention to deadlines and timing
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer orientation, dedication, and passion for delivering a great customer experience
- Conversational skills - Being able to initiate and steer conversations is a huge part of the job.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience creating and refining content, presentations and demos for target audiences
- Collaborative and team oriented with an interest in working for a fast-paced organization like GitHub
- Some travel (20-25%)
- Broad knowledge of the software development industry and workflows
- High energy and positive attitude
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexible (ability to work across different time zones) and able to think quickly
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄