Engineer, Quality Q3
Zapier (View all Jobs)
1. Recruiter interview 2. Take-home project 3. Code review of the take-home project 4. Technical discussions with hiring manager and engineers from the team, values interview.
Programming Languages Mentioned
We're looking for a Software Quality Engineer, Q3 to join the Zap Creation Team at Zapier. Zapier’s on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Zapier has helped millions of people build businesses through the power of automation.
The Zap Creation teams are responsible for building the central experience of how our users create automations (called zaps) to make their lives easier. These zaps run mission critical processes and workflows that our users count on to run their business. Your role as a Software Quality Engineer, Q3 is to be a champion for the customer experience and to lead quality efforts across three engineering teams.
If you’re interested in advancing your career at a fast-growing, profitable, impact-driven company, then read on…
- 5+ years of experience testing SaaS web-based products to help drive product quality
- Experience collaborating with Agile product development teams, ideally in an embedded model, to ensure quality metrics are met
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- A customer value mindset
- A strong desire to continuously learn and share best practices
- [Preferred] Experience working with Playwright, Selenium, Postman or similar testing technologies
Things You’ll Do
- Become a product expert who intimately understands how users experience Zapier
- Establish and maintain quality tooling & practices that identify issues prior to production
- Define and automate key customer scenarios to reduce regression risk
- Coach engineering teams on test plans and test quality
- Define and track key engineering quality metrics across multiple teams such as testability, test health, test coverage
- Help troubleshoot production issues
- Generate and maintain reusable test data
- Facilitate regular testing blitzes for teams
- Perform exploratory and user acceptance testing, as time permits
Location: North America
The Whole Package
Our flexible, distributed environment lets us work with the best people from around the world. Zapiens live in 40+ countries, including the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more!
- Competitive salary and profit-sharing program
- Equity for All: Stock options (or equivalent) for every Zapien
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
- Two annual all-company retreats
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4-5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
*While we take care of Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare and retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and United States.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We first ask a few questions in our application form that would typically be asked at the start of an initial interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people, and do not discriminate based on race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, age, or any other status protected by local law. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Zapier is is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄