Extend (View all Jobs)
1. Phone call 2. A take home project similar to making a PR at work 3. Then a meet & greet with the team.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Extend is modernizing the $100 billion-per-year extended warranty and protection plan industry using cutting-edge technology, and top-notch customer service. After a $260M Series C financing round, we are ready to continue to scale our organization and grow beyond our $1.6B valuation.
Our API-first solution allows any merchant to offer extended warranties and protection plans, both online and offline, while also providing a merchant's end customers with a vastly improved and modern support experience that eliminates many of the issues customers face today with legacy underwriters.
We are a venture-backed startup based in downtown San Francisco that is led by founders who have previously had multiple successful exits. Extend is simplifying the technology stack for the extended warranty industry.
What You'll Do:
- Create reusable infrastructure components using infrastructure-as-code technologies to allow teams to manage their own infrastructure needs
- Mature the CI/CD pipeline to enable teams to scale in a self-service way to help reduce deployment cost and time
- Collaborate with product engineering teams to design scalable infrastructure and deployment patterns for customer facing solutions
- Act as an expert in AWS technologies by providing guidance on appropriate AWS solutions to address business needs
What We Are Looking For:
- Experience in a DevOps engineering role
- Experience with CDK, AWS CloudFormation, or other infrastructure-as-code systems (like Terraform)
- Experience or certification in AWS serverless technologies (API Gateway, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB)
- Knowledge of best practices around security roles/policies for AWS IAM
- Experience working with observability tooling (CloudWatch, DataDog, etc)
- Experience with CI/CD tooling (BitBucket Actions, Jenkins, CodeBuild, etc)
- Ability to perform in a high energy environment with dynamic job responsibilities and priorities
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with AWS Cloud Development Kit(CDK)
- Experience with Typescript
Life at Extend:
- Working with a great team from diverse backgrounds in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental & vision benefits.
- Stock in an early-stage startup growing quickly.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- 401(k) with Financial Guidance from Morgan Stanley.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄