Senior Backend Engineer, Axios HQ
Axios (View all Jobs)
1. Take-home project 2. Follow-up of take-home, involving a discussion.
Programming Languages Mentioned
1 big thing: Axios HQ is a software platform that helps organizations communicate more effectively by bringing years of newsroom research to remote team’s fingertips so they can create smart updates that distill essential information in half the time — increasing transparency, boosting engagement, and building trust. Learn more about Axios HQ:
Why it matters: This is your chance to make an impact on a product and team that is defining our market. We are a team of highly collaborative self-starters who bring curiosity and creativity to the job every day. If that sounds like you, this is the role for you. Come help set the bar high with our team.
Go deeper: In this role, you will help make our team and product stronger. You will be a core part of building our application, working closely with a squad on product direction, architecture, testing, and professional growth. You are responsible for:
- Writing clean, well-documented, and well-tested code using best practices
- Architect and build significant features across the platform
- Mentoring and growing the next generation of software engineers through pair-programming and empathetic code review
- Staying up to date with industry trends and collaborating on best practices
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission and possess the following skills and attributes:
- Deep experience and interest in Python and Django/Django REST Framework
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines and understanding of best deployment practices
- Proven ability to ship high-quality, testable, and accessible code quickly
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience building & maintaining REST APIs
- Experience working on cross-functional agile teams where you advocate for technical needs as well as the best solution to the problems at hand
- Specific passion for user-focused and data-driven decision making
- Experience with data modeling in relational databases
- Experience working with product designers and product managers
- A belief in and commitment to Axios’ diversity, equity, and inclusion values
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄