Senior C++ Engineer, Navigation Native
Mapbox (View all Jobs)
1. Conversational interviews 2. Paid onsite project with team.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.5 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers. Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, tracking your personal best mile on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps.
What We Do
Joining us as a C++ Developer, you'll play a key role in developing software/tech for complex navigation systems for cars. You'll bring your experience and skills to our exciting project within a competent, cross-functional, passionate and self-organized team.
We are looking for smart, fast learning team players who are driven by the idea of enhancing and developing core and essential components of current and future implementations of navigation ecosystem here at Mapbox.
What You’ll Do
As a Software Engineer at Mapbox team, you will be responsible for the product development for a core navigation library. Your responsibilities will include:
- Writing clean, fast code to implement new features;
- Designing and implementing new features;
- Creating core components for cross-platform usage;
- Implementing real time algorithms running on low power embedded hardware devices as well as mobile platforms;
- Thinking through the best ways to solve particular technical challenges.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Experience in software development;
- Strong proficiency in C++, with fair knowledge of the language specification;
- Strong knowledge of the standard libraries;
- Passionate about programming and have a strong focus on performance aspects;
- Knowledge of C++14 standard is appreciated;
- Knowledge of writing a cross-platform code is appreciated;
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests;
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git;
- Creative, resourceful and innovative problem solver;
- Excellent team player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment;
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
Would be a plus:
- Knowledge of platform specific package managers and cross-dependencies (iOS, Android);
- Knowledge of basic localization and navigations concepts (bearing, dead reckoning, electronic horizon etc.);
- Experience working with IMU and OBD II data.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄