Engineering Manager, Credit Card
Gemini (View all Jobs)
London, England; Remote
1. Phone chat 2. Take-home project 3. Discussion on-site. Questions on prior experiences and culture fit
Programming Languages Mentioned
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: Software Engineering
Gemini is regulated and licensed like a bank, but it’s run like a tech startup, and engineering is the core of the company. There’s a wide range of tough problems to solve at Gemini – from properly securing hundreds of millions of dollars worth of customer funds, to developing innovative new blockchain products, to finding new techniques to combat fraud, to shaving microseconds off our API response times, and everything in between.
All of Gemini’s engineers are able to work across the software platform, not just on their own specialization or subteam. We value a thoughtful, collaborative software development process, coupled with a pragmatic approach to problem solving and delivering software.
The Role: Manager, Software Engineering
- Create and evolve a structure and organization design for your team
- Create maintainable software, execute code review and testing, using Scala & Java up to 20% of your time.
- Drive performance for your team and hold them accountable to externally and internally imposed deadlines and targets
- Make hiring plans and hiring decisions
- Give frequent feedback and coaching to your team members, coordinating with people from around the company to get a full understanding of your team’s performance
- Provide a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for your team to execute on its priorities and evolve its capabilities over time.
- Communicate at all levels from senior leaders to individual contributors, including technical and non-technical audiences.
- Adapt the team’s plans and goals to changing realities in a fast-moving industry
- Effectively resolve ambiguity, helping the team to analyze complex requirements and break down features and initiatives into tasks
- Own the team’s output, taking responsibility for everyone’s performance
- Quickly ramp up on relevant industry and competitive trends
- 8+ years of experience in software development & delivery
- 1+ years of managing engineering teams, delivering high quality software for customers
- Technical aptitude to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions
- Experience with modern software engineering concepts
- Interest AND/OR Expertise in Scala or in a similar backend programming languages.
- Experience establishing successful partnerships with key stakeholders such as product managers, project managers, and business owners.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄