Axios (View all Jobs)
1. Take-home project 2. Follow-up of take-home, involving a discussion.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Python, SQL, ETL
Quick Take: Axios is a new digital media company that gets you smarter, faster with news that matters. We're hiring a Data Engineer!
Why it Matters: We are a data hungry organization with incredibly interesting problems to solve. Our team is looking for a new member interested in building solutions to problems in an intelligent and nuanced way.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Comfortable building tools to support engineers effectively build data pipelines
- Self-motivated with high attention to detail, ability to think critically and problem solve
- Strong Python and SQL skills; other object oriented programming skills are a plus
- Strong understanding of data warehouse concepts, relational algebra and set theory
- Experience working with large volumes of structured and unstructured data
- Experience with Spark, Hive, and cloud data technologies; ETL tools a plus
- Experience building and maintaining dimensional data warehouses in support of business intelligence tools
- Experienced and comfortable spinning up cloud infrastructure services, architecting analytics infrastructure
- Experience with Kafka or other data streaming platforms
- Ability to perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching and mental health support
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Classpass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄