International Liquidity Risk Specialist, EMEA
Stripe (View all Jobs)
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
To enhance this important mission, Stripe is building world class Liquidity and Market risk capabilities. We’re looking for a leader who will help us design, build, implement and scale our International Market risk rigor and capabilities, an individual whose experience, insights and innovative thinking will elevate the ambitions of Stripe. As the market risk lead, you are a strategist and balanced risk thinker who is excited to build, partner with others on and around the team.
If you are passionate about using risk analysis and reporting to drive business insights that will steer company decision making, we want to hear from you
What you’ll do
- Support the development of a robust and scalable liquidity risk management program
- Deliver insights to support key business processes such as liquidity stress testing, counterparty analysis, and support new product launches
- Develop compelling dashboards by leveraging data visualization tools such as Tableau, Python or other web-based platforms
- Use SQL to drive further observability across all risk dimensions
- Partner with Data Science and Product Engineering to define, develop and report key metrics
- Ad hoc projects
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of relevant experience, with knowledge of financial risk models and concepts such as Value-at-Risk (VaR), economic capital, monte carlo simulations, and cash flow forecasting
- Ability to structure solutions for optimizing liquidity positions to support user needs, including controls frameworks and pricing methodologies
- Strong presentation skills and ability to transform data into a dynamic narrative. You have deep empathy for users of financial risk information and are able to create succinct narratives out of quantitative analyses. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Data-orientation. You like working with data and insights and pair that with your fundamental analysis to generate balanced and thoughtful points of view.
- The ability to use data modeling and visualization tools. You enjoy working with and synthesizing extremely large and complex data sets. Fluency in SQL and data visualization tools such as Tableau is a must.
- Project management skills and the ability to manage and deliver on multiple projects with a high attention to detail
- Be comfortable analyzing the financials of bank counterparties and negotiating collateral requirements and setting limits based on their financial capacity
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Experience in building financial risk management tools
- Degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Financial Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics
- Familiarity with regulatory frameworks or past interaction with regulators is a plus
- In addition to SQL, you might have experience with statistical programming languages
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄