Senior Data Scientist/ML Engineer
Hinge (View all Jobs)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
1. Hiring manager screen 2. Take-home project 3. Discussions via Zoom that include pair-programming to iterate on homework and culture-fit interview
Programming Languages Mentioned
SQL, R, Python
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2003, Plenty of Fish is one of the early pioneers in the online dating industry, with one of the largest and most diverse communities of singles. We're one of the top revenue-driving brands in the Match Group (comprised of Tinder, OkCupid, Hinge and Match.com).
We love what we do, and have the ability to profoundly impact millions of people's lives every single day! Named one of BC’s Top Employers, Plenty of Fish is a great place to build friendships, grow your career and collaborate with top talent.
As a Data Scientist at Plenty of Fish, you will work on our AI Squad, working vertically across the organization. Working alongside Data Scientists, Data Engineers, BI, Architects and Product Managers, you will be solving complex problems which keep us awake at night, such as how does POF keep winning the war on Fraud? How do we improve our matching algorithms and search along with how can we gain a fundamental understanding of what makes our members happy? Best of all, your work will have a direct positive impact on our millions of members daily.
Please Note: This role is Remote-First
Remote First: You will have the option to work remotely from the Lower Mainland area, but we will require attendance at our downtown Vancouver office for quarterly planning, important meetings, team get togethers or whenever you want to "crew together" IRL!So, what will you do?
**We would love to hear from you, even if you don't match 100% of the requirements**
Why Plenty of Fish?
• We're recognized as one of BC's Top Employers 2022!
• We have remote options available
• Generous vacation, flex days, professional development days
• RRSP matching, and employee stock purchase plan
• Professional development budget and unlimited access to Udemy from the day one
• Match Group mentorship program
• Parental leave top up and fertility preservation benefits
• Extended health & dental benefits from day one
• Corporate ClassPass membership and other wellness benefits
• And many more on our careers page
• Be Proud - It's OUR sh*p. Own it! We see challenges as opportunities and take action.
• Make Waves - We profoundly impact millions of peoples' lives, every day.
• Dive Deep - We empathize with our members and use data to surface smart decisions.
• Crew Together - We love what we do, have fun, and are free to be ourselves.
Want To Dive Deeper?
We’re committed to creating an equal and inclusive environment; we welcome all crew (and prospective crew) members regardless of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, conviction unrelated to employment, or any other prohibited ground of discrimination recognized by applicable law. Plenty of Fish is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄
Get weekly alerts of new jobs from companies not using whiteboard interviews!