Engineering Manager, Revenue & Financial Management
Stripe (View all Jobs)
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Stripe’s Revenue & Financial Management group is building new products that expand the scope of problems we tackle beyond payments into Revenue Management, Financial Operations and analytics. Right now this includes products like Billing, Invoicing, Revenue Recognition, Reconciliation and the underlying platform for batch and real time processing of large scale financial data to power these solutions. These solutions are going to be key pillars for Stripe’s growing SaaS business and a major revenue stream.
What you’ll do
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead and support this new investment area for Stripe, one who is motivated to build solutions for our businesses and the Stripe ecosystem. The work will involve a mixture of greenfield development and integration with existing products. It will be oriented around building a managed data warehouse as a service, service APIs that orchestrate large scale data processing and process automation for financial and reporting workflows.
- Manage a new team within Revenue & Financial Management Products group
- Work with the team engineers, product management, and group leadership to define the team’s vision and roadmap
- Support the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical quality, reliability, and ease-of-use
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and engage effectively with the rest of Stripe
- Recruit a team of great engineers in collaboration with Stripe’s recruiting team
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Partner with other Revenue & Financial Management engineering managers to evolve our software delivery processes
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- Managed teams that ship and operate critical infrastructure and distributed systems, and navigate high-stake situations.
- Motivation for working in highly cross-functional organizations and a strong ability to lead and measure product outcomes
- Leveraged your strong technical background and hands-on experience in solving large scale and difficult technical problems
- The ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Nurtured a healthy work environment that’s both supportive, challenging, diverse and inclusive
- A track record of hiring and leading productive engineering teams
- Experience building and leading a distributed team
- Experience building custom solutions using big data and streaming technologies
- Experience in building business software solving the complex problems of SMBs or large enterprises
- Experience in building user friendly and delightful software platforms on which others built diverse and complex use cases
- Experience in building modern micro services architecture-based products
- Domain expertise in accounting or financial management
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄