Full Stack Engineer, Product Risk Interface
Stripe (View all Jobs)
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
We are building brand new services for our re-imagined Risk Platform that will protect Stripe users and businesses by detecting, mitigating and resolving risks related to fraud, credit, partner compliance and regulatory requirements. Risk Platform's services and infrastructure will be the canonical source of truth for managing our users' risk profiles. It will enable us to observe the current and predicted future impact on Stripe users and businesses in real-time. Our vision is to build a future where business risk management will be a critical part of all of Stripe product offering designs from day one!
What you’ll do
Stripe handles hundreds of billions of dollars every year for millions of businesses around the world. With our hypergrowth, we are continuing to expand our product portfolio with new offerings like Capital, Corporate Card, Issuing, and Atlas. Our Risk Platform strategy is a core part of Stripe’s overall Platform strategy. Our Risk Platform will detect risks, enforce actions, and mitigate and resolve risks for Stripe products across the globe. In addition, it will provide Stripe and its users the critically required visibility and management capability for the entire lifecycle management of risk. To achieve this vision we need to build hyperscale, reliable and secure platform systems and services that will integrate with all of current and future Stripe products.
- Collaborate with specialists from Stripe’s machine learning, risk, and data science teams to come up with new ideas to improve our at-scale understanding of businesses and the online economy.
- Work on systems for configuring product risk such as rules engines and money movement control point APIs.
- Design elegant, reusable representations of risk signal data and money movement control points that risk may need to control.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Work with engineers across the company to develop the right technologies for scaling the infrastructure.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- Have at least 4 years of software engineering experience.
- Enjoy being a generalist, working on frontend, backend, infrastructure, or data pipelines as needed to solve problems and delight our users (You don’t need to be an expert in all of these but it helps to be interested in learning about them)
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems.
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies, systems, and teams.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise (for example, ¼ of Stripes work in a country that’s different from the one they grew up in). Almost every role at Stripe collaborates with engineers, from Sales and Support, in sharing feedback from our customers; to Legal and Accounting in supporting our systems for tracking money movement and reporting around the world.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄