Backend / API Engineer, Payment Processing
Stripe (View all Jobs)
SF, SEA & Remote
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies - from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups - use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone's reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
The Payments Processing team owns all of Stripe’s most critical payment flows, with our platform processing hundreds of billions of dollars in card payments and locally preferred payment methods annually. Engineers on the team have the opportunity to expand the reach of Stripe’s global payments network, design and implement novel payment capabilities, and deliver best-in-class reliability and performance.
We have backend engineers in almost every team across Stripe, and in that role, you’ll be making some of the most significant decisions for the company. You’ll get to work with other engineers to build delightful features that span various parts of the system, as well as our business, sales and operations teams to understand and solve our users’ pain points.
What you’ll do
- Architect and design engineering projects
- Communicate with other engineering teams across Stripe’s global offices
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems across Stripe’s engineering teams
- Mentor engineers earlier in their technical careers to help them grow
Who you are
We're looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- At least seven years of professional software development experience
- Either a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field involving coding (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics) or equivalent technical experience
- Technically lead projects which have involved multiple engineering teams
- Worked in a variety of different platforms, in both high-level and low-level languages, and maybe even done front-end work
- Have helped grow a new team or product, and are excited about helping make a great team environment
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄