Senior Full Stack Engineer
PayIt (View all Jobs)
1. Interns/Junior Candidates receive 1hr HackerRank take-home test (non-LeetCode). 2. No CS Trivia questions in interviews, collaborative pairing exercise
Programming Languages Mentioned
PayIt is a fast-growing GovTech company on a mission to bring governments and people closer together through our award-winning, SaaS platform.
When PayIt started, it was difficult (or just plain impossible) to renew a Driver’s License or pay a court ticket in a mobile, quick, or convenient way. PayIt, along with our award-winning government partners, has made processes like going to the DMV or to a county courthouse, one that you can do right from your smartphone or computer. Since then, PayIt has been building an entire business toolkit for local and state government agencies while simplifying doing business with government agencies by consolidating hundreds of services and payments into one connected experience for citizens. Meanwhile, through our secure cloud-based platform, we have reduced friction for the everyday citizen, making digital government services accessible, equitable, and efficient.
We recently received a large growth investment in August 2022 and are well funded, we have picked up awards from Forbes, FAST Design (alongside McDonald’s and Nike), our CEO has won EY Entrepreneur of the Year award, and we have been recognized as a leader in our industry as a GovTech 100 the past six years in a row.
About the Senior Full Stack Engineer Opportunity (This role can be worked from anywhere in the United States):
At PayIt, we’ve worked diligently to build a team of high integrity, high aptitude, highly driven engineers. Our team of smart, mission-driven team members enables an atmosphere of high responsibility and high autonomy. We hold ourselves to high standards, always looking to improve our skills, our platform, and our offering to our clients. We are driven by the fact that we’re building a meaningful product and solving exciting technical challenges that impact the lives of everyday people like you and me.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design, guide, and create distributed systems with a mindset for performance, encryption, security, scalability, and availability within a broader set of our platform.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to engineers within the team. Review code developed by other engineers and provide feedback to ensure best practices (e.g., style guidelines, accuracy, testability, and efficiency).
- Triage product or system issues and debug/track/resolve by analyzing the sources of issues and the impact on infrastructure or service operations and quality.
- Articulate and communicate design and development processes to technical and non-technical team members
- Provide technical ownership for a number of features designed and developed by the team.
- Drive improvement in the design and quality of our platform
What You’ll Need for this role (job requirements):
- 5+ years experience working on distributed software systems while providing technical structure to teams and working closely with management and stakeholders to define technical roadmaps.
- Experience architecting and developing solutions to challenging technical problems. Interest in determining and applying appropriate technical designs to solve user needs.
- Familiar with the technologies, trade-offs, and design patterns emerging in web-services based technologies.
- Experience with asynchronous programming patterns.
- Experience with relational databases and schema design.
- Interest in innovating within the global payments industry.
- Commitment to iterative development.
- Experience working with containers, orchestration tools, AWS, and asynchronous services within AWS.
- Rigor in automated testing, code quality, and engineering best practices.
Bonus Points For:
- Bonus points for experience with financial, accounting or payments systems.
- Bonus point for experience working with large and complex datasets and/or other distributed data processing systems.
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Passionate about building products and services that will be used by a large number of citizens that will handle a large volume of transactions with increasing complexities.
The PayIt Platform is composed of microservices built utilizing modern cloud-native technologies. The Senior Full Stack Engineer will work on libraries including but not limited to Java (13 to 17), Node.JS (TypeScript, React, Express, Nest), and GraphQL.
We leverage AWS as a PaaS. We leverage containers (Docker) and orchestration (Kubernetes) tools for efficient deployments at scale. We leverage NoSQL databases (MongoDB) for service persistence and utilize libraries to maintain a highly extensible front-end architecture. We leverage tools for event-driven processes (Kafka).
Why Work For Us:
- Our most important resource is our people. We value your feedback and have a unique environment where collaboration and bottom-up feedback about the problems we are solving is critical to our daily success.
- Saving someone’s day is a rewarding way to spend yours. We tackle complex challenges that are interesting to solve, and directly impact the lives of our neighbors, friends and ourselves.
- We know how to have fun and work toward something bigger than ourselves.
- Competitive salaries along with an excellent benefits package.
- Flexible and friendly work environment. We offered flexible working arrangements long before a global pandemic forced other companies to adapt.
- We believe our culture permeates throughout our product and service, so it’s one of a customer-first mindset.
- We’ll provide all the resources you need to do your best work.
What We Care About:
High aptitude, high integrity people who are great communicators and want to be part of a growing team. We’re about openness, integrity, accessibility and great communication.
The usability of our products, sharing of ideas across teams, and commitment to the cities, counties, and states we serve are values.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
PayIt is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law.
PayIt is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an email to the People Operations Team and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
NOTE: U.S. Citizens and all those authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
To all recruitment agencies: PayIt does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers’ alias, PayIt employees or any other company location. PayIt is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Within the parameters of this position, ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability, and exercise due care of, company, client, and citizen data that is stored, processed, and transmitted by and for PayIt, as outlined in PayIt’s Business Code of Conduct and Information Security Policies.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄