Backend / API Engineer, Money Movement
Stripe (View all Jobs)
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
The Money Movement team is working toward a future in which all of the complexity that comes with handling money (e.g. accepting different currencies, adopting new payment methods, integrating with hundreds of banks globally) is hidden from Stripe’s users. This team is core to Stripe’s business and thousands of developers will use our platform and infrastructure to create valuable products and services that billions of people use.
Our team is responsible for building out the platform that powers money movement for many of Stripe’s Products like Connect, Issuing, and Corporate Card. Ultimately, our goal is to increase the GDP of the internet by making it easy to build global products, services, and platforms that handle money.
What you’ll do
The Money Movement team is currently looking for Backend Engineers to help build the platform that will shape how Stripe moves money at a global scale. Engineers will work across the stack, from the core financial APIs that all of Stripe’s products are built on—like transfers, payouts, and top-ups—to the financial integrations we rely on to move billions of dollars in countries around the world. The team also runs infrastructure that abstracts payment networks globally to expose capabilities for moving money with a variety of characteristics like speed, currency and cost. We are responsible to ensure that money gets to its destination quickly, reliably and in a cost effective manner.
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems across Stripe’s engineering teams.
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features at large-scale.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Shape future proof interfaces that are easy to build against and meet the requirements of product teams.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- Have a strong technical background, including 7+ years of experience building impactful products or systems.
- Have solid experience in designing large-scale and complex systems that delivered critical impact to the business.
- Are skilled in gathering and effectively synthesizing users’ feedback and experience with platforms and product offerings.
- Are skilled in working across engineering teams and other functions in building alignment, driving decision making, and communicating transparently.
- Are effective in giving and receiving constructive feedback to/from peers and team members.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄