Data Engineer Apprenticeship
Fetch Rewards (View all Jobs)
1. Short take-home project 2. 50 min screening interview that includes discussion of project 3. 5 hr (w/ breaks) final interview that involves speaking with your future manager and a non-technical product manager, a real-world coding problem, and high-level and low-level system design problems.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Python, SQL, ETL
Data Engineering Apprenticeship
What we’re building and why we’re building it.
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over the last 5 years we’ve grown from 0 to 18M active users and taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years we will become a global platform that completely transforms how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it. And not just the “you get to use our product!” cop-out. We’re talkin’ real, explicit value. Fetch points, perhaps.
Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters most to them: their customers. -- Brands need to understand what people are doing, and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice right?
That’s why we’re building the world’s rewards platform. A closed-loop, standardized rewards layer across all consumer behavior that will lead to happier shoppers and stronger brands.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer.
The ideal candidate:
- Seeking a Data Engineer, Apprentice for a 3 month apprentice to hire opportunity!
- Python programming skills
- Solid SQL skills
- Familiarity with Unix systems, shell scripting, and Git
- Experience with relational (SQL), non-relational (NoSQL), and/or object data stores (e.g., Snowflake, MongoDB, S3, HDFS, Postgres, Redis, DynamoDB)
- Experience working with streaming data in Kafka and Flink
- Interest in building and experimenting with different tools and tech, and sharing your learnings with the broader organization
- The desire to work with other teams in the organization (e.g., Development, Business Intelligence, Data Science) to build tools and solutions that support and help manage data within the Fetch ecosystem
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Bonus points for:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with open source software and dependency management
- ETL process, data pipeline, and/or microservice development experience
- Cloud engineering and DevOps skills (e.g., AWS, CloudFormation, Docker)
- Familiarity with messaging and asynchronous technologies (e.g., SQS, Kinesis, RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- Big data development skills (e.g., Spark, Hadoop, MPP DW)
- Experience with visualization tools (e.g., Tableau)
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄
Get weekly alerts of new jobs from companies not using whiteboard interviews!