Senior Growth Engineer
Samsara (View all Jobs)
Remote - US
1. Phone interview 2. Onsite interview (technical challenges based on real problems we've faced at Samsara)
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Are you a talented software engineer that is excited to learn about business and contribute to the growth of an innovative IoT startup? We’re looking for a Senior Growth Engineer who can help us build all of our e-commerce and self-service revenue products at Samsara.
As Growth Engineers we ask questions like “what can we build to improve gross margins?” and “how can we build best-in-class e-commerce experiences?” We then build, test and measure the impact of the experiments we run. We appreciate software engineers who are quick to pick up new frameworks/tools and are thoughtful about building quickly while being mindful of technical debt. The software we build has a direct impact on both revenue and our bottom line.
In this role, you will:
- Leverage data to understand our customers and our funnel in depth, identify areas of opportunity and execute projects to drive revenue, customer growth, retention, and/or engagement
- Build customer-facing e-commerce products from the ground up using a combination of custom frontends, Cloud applications, backend services, scripts, etc.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales operations and product teams to implement growth initiatives
- Lead engineering discussions and write thoughtful documentation and unit tests
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 4+ years of experience working in a full stack, API engineering or application services role
- Knowledgeable about modern web technologies and testing frameworks
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to partner with different parts of the organization to identify and solve major business problems
- Desire to learn about the business side of a startup
- B.S., M.S. degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related technical experience
An ideal candidate also has:
- 2+ years of experience on a Growth/E-commerce team
- Experience using Vue in production web applications
- Experience using AWS services: ElasticBeanstalk, Lambda, CloudFront
- Knowledge of any of the following tools: Stripe, Contentful, or similar products
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄