Senior Data Engineer - Remote
Pager (View all Jobs)
US - Remote
1. Short phone interview 2. Conversational interviews 3. Take-home exercise 4. Discussion
Programming Languages Mentioned
Pager is looking to hire a Senior Data Engineer to build and expand the company’s data engineering and analytics infrastructure. You’ll be working in a fast-paced collaborative environment and contribute to our team's mission: Turn the complex world of healthcare into a simple and beautiful experience for millions of users.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to determine their data needs and formulate the technical solutions to solve them
- Collaborate with other data engineers and analysts to implement these solutions in a scalable fashion using the latest open-source technologies
- Maintain and expand existing data engineering and analytics infrastructure to ensure their efficiency and stability
- Educate and mentor other engineers on data engineering best practices
You'll be a good fit if
- You know data engineering:
- 3+ years of work experience in a professional data engineering environment
- Have a strong prior experience working on Data Engineering projects such as developing ETL/ELT pipelines, Data Lakes, and Data Warehouses
- Hands-on experience with best-of-breed Data Engineering products such as GCP BigQuery, Airflow, DBT, Fivetran, StitchData, or similar
- Experience working with both SQL (GCP CloudSQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis, Graph based storage) data sources
- Are familiar with data cleaning, sanitization and adequate handling of sensitive information
- You know computer science and engineering:
- BS or MSc in computer science, engineering, statistics, computational linguistics, or other quantitative field, or equivalent professional experience
- Have a strong CS background to choose the right algorithms, systems approaches and patterns when solving problems
- Have a proven track record of designing and implementing data-driven architectures
- Have DevOps experience working with Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Docker, and Spinnaker
- You have a sense of ownership:
- Take responsibility for your projects and pride in your work
- Have a commitment to production quality code and tests
- You come up with novel solutions to a diverse set of problems:
- Ask hard questions and challenge assumptions to ensure that we’re solving the right problems
- Have flexibility to work on the team’s most pressing problems
Nice to haves
- Experience dealing with health system partners data (e.g. EHRs, HIEs, ADT feeds, claims/pre-auth feeds, …)
- Experience dealing with HL7 FHIR data format and APIs
- Experience working with BI platforms such as Metabase or Looker
Pager delivers a “doctor in your family” healthcare experience by making it simple for consumers to connect with the trusted experts they need to make the right healthcare decisions. Through AI-enabled technology, Pager brings consumers, nurses, doctors and other members of the care team together through secure chat, voice and video chat, all in one place. We partner with healthcare organizations to deliver seamless, tech-enabled services and solutions for a consumer experience that leads to better decisions, outcomes and healthier lives. Started in 2014 and based in New York City, Pager is led by seasoned technology and healthcare entrepreneurs to redefine the way that consumers interact with their healthcare.
Through AI-enabled technology, Pager brings consumers, nurses, doctors and other members of the care team together through text, voice and video chat, all in one place. We partner with healthcare organizations to deliver seamless, tech-enabled services and solutions for a consumer experience that leads to better decisions, outcomes and healthier lives. Started in 2014 and based in New York City, Pager is led by seasoned technology and healthcare entrepreneurs to redefine the way that consumers interact with their healthcare.
At Pager, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄