Software Engineer - Internal tools
UserTesting (View all Jobs)
1. Initial interview 2. Pair programming 3. Offer
Programming Languages Mentioned
Ruby, Python, Java
UserTesting® was founded in 2007, crossed $100M in revenue in 2020, and began trading under USER on the NYSE in 2021. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, with regional offices in Atlanta, Edinburgh, and Singapore. A trusted company by top brands for 14+ years, UserTesting has over 2,500 customers in 45 countries including more than half of the world’s top 100 most valuable brands according to Forbes.
A leader in video-based human insight, we believe the path to human understanding starts with shared insight—seeing and hearing how another person engages with the world around them and taking in their perspective. We’re for capturing the kind of human responses that don’t show up in a spreadsheet. This is what inspires us, and it’s how we enable companies to connect with their audiences, authentically, through an experience that’s uniquely, and intentionally, human.
We’re proud to have been named to the Inc. Best-Led Companies of 2021 and the Fortune Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 lists, along with having received a variety of additional workplace and corporate growth awards. Choosing to join our team means being part of a passionate group focused on transforming the way companies understand their customers and build better products and experiences. Come join us and help us build the engine for human understanding!
UserTesting is seeking a mid/senior level back-end engineer for its Internal Tools Team which is working to introduce and drive adoption of new services into UserTesting’s growing Service Oriented Application Architecture.
This role affords an opportunity to exercise existing expertise and to grow with UserTesting as we expand internationally and technically. The Internal Tools team’s objective is to deliver a world class experience to our internal customers through:
- Innovation: Innovate and iterate on our existing application architecture to enable feature-focused teams to more rapidly deliver customer value.
- Tools: Giving our software development peers across the engineering organization the best tools to do their jobs.
- Self Service: Making it easy for developers to integrate with new services on their own, while offering support as needed.
About the Internal Tools Team
The focus of the Internal Tools Team is on identifying inefficiencies in our application architecture and development tooling and delivering solutions to make developers more productive, as well as building the core applications that support the overall architecture. We will be partnering with internal software development teams to deliver the capabilities needed to scale UserTesting’s SaaS Human Insights platform to serve more and more of our customer’s needs.
What We Have Ownership For:
- Tooling that is responsible for the developer interactions with software deployments to our testing and production infrastructure.
- Several core services in our application ecosystem.
- Integrations to various parts of application infrastructure such as EC2 hosts, our Kafka message bus, etc.
What We’re Looking For:
- Deep knowledge in one or more of the following back-end programming languages:
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and adopt best practices in unfamiliar programming languages.
- Experience working with GraphQL and REST service interfaces.
- Knowledge of AWS technologies including: EKS, EC2, ECS, ECR, S3
- Familiarity in developing software in a Service Oriented Architecture.
- Development experience using Docker or similar containerization technology.
To learn more about our team, culture, and customers, check out our careers page, company blog, and press/awards. Aside from a great work environment and the opportunity to make an impact, we’re also growing the team quickly–join us!
UserTesting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
UserTesting will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable. For jobs located in the United States, we prefer candidates located in or near one of these cities: Atlanta, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Austin, and Boston. We may consider candidates in certain other cities on a case by case basis. #li-remote
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄