AWS Infrastructure Engineer
UserTesting (View all Jobs)
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
1. Initial interview 2. Pair programming 3. Offer
UserTesting® was founded in 2007, crossed $100M in revenue in 2020, and began trading under USER on the NYSE in 2021. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, with regional offices in Atlanta, Edinburgh, and Singapore. A trusted company by top brands for 14+ years, UserTesting has over 2,500 customers in 45 countries including more than half of the world’s top 100 most valuable brands according to Forbes.
A leader in video-based human insight, we believe the path to human understanding starts with shared insight—seeing and hearing how another person engages with the world around them and taking in their perspective. We’re for capturing the kind of human responses that don’t show up in a spreadsheet. This is what inspires us, and it’s how we enable companies to connect with their audiences, authentically, through an experience that’s uniquely, and intentionally, human.
We’re proud to have been named to the Inc. Best-Led Companies of 2021 and the Fortune Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 lists, along with having received a variety of additional workplace and corporate growth awards. Choosing to join our team means being part of a passionate group focused on transforming the way companies understand their customers and build better products and experiences. Come join us and help us build the engine for human understanding!
AWS and Network Infrastructure Engineer
- Experience designing and building secure and robust web environments on AWS, proving current skills in EC2, ELB, RDS, and S3 services
- Configure, build and maintain third party cloud-native applications for production and test environments
- A solid background in Linux/Unix and Windows server system administration
- Experience in Ansible, Docker and GitHub
- Experience using monitoring solutions (CloudWatch)
- Proficient in IaC (Terraform)
- Knowledge of cloud programming languages
- The ability to be a team player
- The ability and skill to train other people in procedural and technical topics
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
This role will also be part of a team responsible for physical office network infrastructure
- Manage existing hardware, software, and networking systems to ensure global office security, uptime, and efficiency
- Creating and implementing scalable networks at new and legacy environments
- Build and maintain 24/7 alerting, logging, and on call systems to ensure 99% uptime at all office locations, including cloud infrastructure
- SOX, ISO, HIPAA audit documentation and accountability
- 3-5 years of Cloud and Infrastructure network experience
- Extensive experience with SaaS administration and related objects
- In depth knowledge of cloud security standards and have successfully expanded on those capabilities through the use of AWS and/or integration with external systems
- Strong understanding of business practices and processes in security audits
- AWS certification and Network certification or proven industry experience are required
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Proficiency with Github, Terraform and familiarity with third party logging and alerting tools
- Experience working in an agile environment and using Atlasssian (JIRA) tools and process mapping tools like Lucidchart is required
To learn more about our team, culture, and customers, check out our careers page, company blog, and press/awards. Aside from a great work environment and the opportunity to make an impact, we’re also growing the team quickly–join us!
UserTesting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
UserTesting will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable. For jobs located in the United States, we prefer candidates located in or near one of these cities: Atlanta, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Austin, and Boston. We may consider candidates in certain other cities on a case by case basis. #li-remote
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄