Engineering Manager, Connectivity
Airtable (View all Jobs)
San Francisco, CA; Mountain View, CA
1. Take home project that resembles a problem Airtable solves for 2. Five hour on-site which includes a discussion of the project, UI design, discussing architectural tradeoffs, and code debugging.
$228,000 - $322,905
As Airtable scales as a product and company, we are looking for an experienced human-centric Engineering Manager for Airtable’s Connectivity team within the Platform group. The Connectivity team is responsible for building features that allow customers to understand the data that’s useful to them and import the right data easily from other systems of record. These features transform the lives of our customers by enabling them to build collaborative applications on top of relevant data helping break down data silos within their enterprises.
The team consists of a highly talented cohort of frontend, full stack and backend engineers and engineering managers. As a leader within this team you will reinforce a collaborative culture enabling each engineer to grow, innovate, and do their best work. You will have close interactions with our Product Managers and Designers to influence the product roadmap and ensure that these products deliver on customer value.
What you'll do
- Lead a high impact and diverse team of engineers in building some of Airtable’s defining features. Through strong partnerships with internal customers, i.e. product teams, you will deliver a roadmap that balances the needs of customers and the technical evolution of the owned services.
- Partner with Product Managers across the organization to come up with short and long term strategy and plans for the team.
- Partner with designers and engineers to set the technical strategy for the product.
- Continue promoting a culture of innovation, craftsmanship and customer focus.
Who you are
- Experience leading teams responsible for building mission critical product features with a high bar of technical and design quality.
- Experience working closely with Product Managers to define products and to drive adoption with customers.
- Experience working with designers to iteratively arrive at the end product.
- Experience managing and growing mid-level and senior engineers.
- Passionate about recruiting and growing diverse engineering teams.
- 5+ years experience as an engineer and 2+ years as a manager, or a similar combination. Preferably experience with leading teams of frontend and full-stack engineers.
The compensation awarded to successful candidates will vary based on their location, relevant skills and experience. For Colorado based roles, the base salary range for this role is $228,000 - $322,905. The total compensation package also includes the opportunity to receive benefits, restricted stock units, and may include incentive compensation.
Airtable is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and strive to create a workplace where everyone has an equal opportunity to thrive. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any characteristic protected by applicable federal and state laws, regulations and ordinances. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant.
If you have a medical condition, disability, or religious belief/practice which inhibits your ability to participate in any part of the application or interview process, please complete our Accommodations Request Form and let us know how we may assist you. Airtable is committed to participating in the interactive process and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄