Engineering Manager, Atlas
Stripe (View all Jobs)
San Francisco, Seattle, New York, or Remote North America
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Atlas lets you start a company in a few clicks, from anywhere in the world. Our goal is to create more startups that get to product-market fit. Startups are one of the most effective ways to solve the world’s problems—and the world certainly has more problems than solutions. Atlas helps founders start a startup, use the internet’s best tools, and automate operations while feeling ambitious, smart, and assured while they do it.
Our core belief is that the number of startups is not static. In fact, 25% of Atlas founders say they wouldn’t have started their company without Atlas. Founders tell us that they spend too much time and money on distracting, complex operations tasks, rather than building their product and finding customers. We’re here to change that.
What you'll do
As the engineering manager on Atlas, you’ll work with a team of talented engineers, product managers, and designers to build Atlas and help founders start a company from anywhere in the world with just a few clicks. You’ll be responsible for leading the Atlas engineering team in achieving a high level of technical excellence and stability, and partner closely with product, design, legal, risk and other cross-functional teams to maintain a high-quality and consistent product for founders. In short, your role is to ensure Atlas becomes more and more impactful for founders.
- Recruit, hire, scale, and develop an amazing team of engineers
- Be actively involved in strategic direction and product decisions for an emerging business
- Iterate rapidly on features, tooling, and processes as we launch new features for users
- Work closely with our users on a daily basis
- Lead a team as it designs, builds, and maintains APIs, user-facing experiences, services, and systems
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- Have built new, diverse teams to tackle challenging technical problems
- Have at least 3 years of engineering management experience and 8 years of overall software development experience
- Successfully led a team that shipped a product from the ground up
- Previous experience working on user facing products, bonus for startup experience
- Ability to form strong product opinions and partner on building product development roadmap
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄