Software Engineer, Privacy Infrastructure
Stripe (View all Jobs)
Remote, North America Only
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Stripe will succeed at our mission of increasing the GDP of the internet only if we prove ourselves worthy of our users’ trust. As a Software Engineer on the Privacy Infrastructure team, your work will be a critical part of accomplishing this mission. Together, we build the underlying infrastructure for Stripe's Data Privacy program such as data inventory, deletion, and programmatic data governance.
What you’ll do
- Design, build, and operate the core privacy infrastructure used by all of Stripe’s engineering teams
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Build new APIs, services and frameworks for Stripe product teams
- Design and build solutions that will advance Stripe’s privacy and data governance beyond the state of the art, such as programmatic data governance, policy as code, and automatic data anonymization.
- Make impactful decisions about systems and privacy, security, and data protection — their edge cases, failure modes, and life cycles
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply.
- Empathy, strong communication skills and a deep respect for the power of collaboration
- A learning mindset, regardless of level or experience
- The ability to drive clear next steps when encountering ambiguous spaces without clear lines of ownership
- High standards for code quality and a constructive attitude to help others raise the bar
- Software engineering experience in a high-stakes production environment
- A knack for considering how systems can fail and how to fix them
- An ability to think creatively and holistically about reducing risk in a complex environment
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄