Product Lead, Risk
Stripe (View all Jobs)
Remote (North America)
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Removing barriers to online commerce is at the heart of Stripe’s mission, and doing so requires effectively and efficiently protecting the businesses that trust Stripe at scale. Although risk management often implies a tradeoff between the user experience and user friction, Stripe refutes that paradigm. Instead, we focus on creating products, programs, and policies that simultaneously improve the user experience and drive growth, while systematically mitigating risks for Stripe’s business and partners.
What you’ll do
As the Risk Product Lead, you will be responsible for growing and scaling teams, processes, and tools. You will collaborate with cross-functional partners to set a broad strategic vision to prevent fraud and abuse and enhance trust. You will execute the vision by designing and implementing technical solutions, increasing automation and working cross-functionally to address problems related to fraud risk, credit risk, policy enforcement. You will be focused on defining and delivering these capabilities for the next 10 years of Stripe. Your contributions will enable Stripe to move quickly in an ever changing risk landscape.
- Own the vision and long term product strategy for Risk
- Drive product design and prioritization decisions across directly managed teams, and work closely with teams across Stripe’s product portfolio
- Hire, build, and lead a high performing Product Management team
- Rigorously measure outcomes that drive bottom line impact to Stripe’s business
- Collaborate with key cross-functional stakeholders to mitigate risk across a suite of Stripe products
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- Experience building and leading product teams, 8+ years of experience in a product role and 3+ years of people management experience
- Expertise in risk management / trust and safety disciplines such as payments fraud, account takeover, content moderation
- Demonstrated success and strong execution track record in building and sustaining scalable platform products
- Experience leading products that require coordination of many stakeholders and cross functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- Strong product sense, business acumen, and experience navigating executive-level reviews as a product leader
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄