Merchant Fraud Lead
Stripe (View all Jobs)
USA (Remote), US-Chicago, US-NYC, US-Seattle, US-SF-HQ
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Stripe’s Fraud Risk Team is committed to minimizing Stripe’s financial losses from fraud attacks. The Fraud Team is responsible for building and implementing strategies that scalably reduce risk for Stripe and preserve a healthy financial ecosystem, while creating positive experiences for users.
What you’ll do
Stripe is looking for a senior leader and manager to help protect Stripe and Stripe’s users from all forms of merchant fraud. This leader's goal will be to make Stripe’s payments ecosystem safer by relentlessly improving Stripe’s primary merchant fraud protection systems, such as detection models, actioning systems and fund recovery processes, while ensuring minimal pain for good users. This leader will also be responsible for significantly expanding a team of merchant fraud experts, working closely with Engineering on product strategy, and engaging with some of our largest platform users to improve their fraud loss rates.
- Establish close relationships with and work with key partners across product, engineering, data science, operations and business teams to develop effective strategies that reduce losses and reduce negative user experiences
- Develop long term plans and a strategy for mitigation of merchant fraud across Stripe’s full suite of products (payment processing, issuing, banking) and transaction types (credit cards + local payment methods)
- Identify the top user fraud-related pain points and work with Risk Product to define product improvement opportunities
- Help define the user experience strategy for merchant fraud across different user cohorts
- Build relationships with Financial Partners and ensure that we are meeting external partner obligations for merchant fraud management
- Manage complicated escalations and incidents and quickly execute remediation strategies
- Regularly communicate project and metric updates to members of the Stripe leadership team
- Expand and lead a global team of merchant fraud experts
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- Thought leadership capabilities in the risk management space and strong product sense
- Long term strategic thinking skills and the ability to convert strategies into inspiring objectives and clear metrics-based key results
- A user first mindset and empathy for the challenges faced by our users
- Strong stakeholder management and execution skills
- Comfort navigating difficult situations, negotiating timelines, and influencing internal and external stakeholders across organizations and regions
- Strong professional experience in risk management, including experience in building risk focused detection and actioning systems
- An analytical approach to decision-making. You are data-driven, objective and skilled at using metrics to drive decisions
- People management experience and the ability to foster a supportive and strongly functioning team environment
- Proven track record of growing teams effectively
- You are comfortable using SQL to answer business questions
- You have experience in managing teams with a global and/or remote presence
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄