FX Risk Specialist
Stripe (View all Jobs)
US-Chicago, US-NYC, US-Remote, US-Seattle, US-SF-HQ
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
To enhance this important mission, Stripe is building world class Liquidity and Market risk capabilities. We’re looking for a leader who will help us design, build, implement and scale our FX market risk and hedging capabilities, an individual whose experience, insights and innovative thinking will elevate the ambitions of Stripe. We work closely with Data Science, Money Movement and FX Platform Engineering teams to build great systems that support our product capabilities.
What you’ll do
We're looking for a stellar candidate to join our fast growing team and to help us build out robust hedging capabilities to manage our increasingly complex currency flows working alongside our business partners. As a senior FX Risk Specialist, you are a strategist and balanced risk thinker who is excited to build, partner with others on and around the team.
- Strong direct experience managing foreign currency (FX) exposures
- Support the development of a robust and scalable foreign currency management program, driving the internal infrastructure build to transfer risk exposures to multiple liquidity providers
- Design and implement the systems necessary for Stripe to manage FX exposures, including trade execution, liquidity optimization, cash pricing workflow, market data accuracy, and integration with product requirements including related policies and procedures
- Provide guidance on product shaping, including design and management of user facing controls
- Develop risk-based pricing methodology across different products and currency pairs, that accounts for transaction cost, volatility, netting efficiency, etc.
- Build metrics dashboards and provide insights to support key business processes such as capital planning and limit setting
- Leverage SQL to drive further observability across all risk dimensions
- Have a strong understanding of macroeconomic trends and how they impact exposures
- Strong communications skills and the ability to manage and deliver on multiple projects with a high attention to detail
- Ad hoc projects
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of relevant experience, with strong knowledge of market risk models and their limitations, including Value-at-Risk (VaR), stress testing methodologies, economic capital models, etc.
- Relevant trading experience and / or risk managing FX portfolios to optimize P&L
- Strong presentation skills and ability to transform data into a dynamic narrative. You have deep empathy for users of financial risk information and are able to create succinct narratives out of quantitative analyses. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Data-orientation. You like working with data and insights and pair that with your fundamental analysis to generate balanced and thoughtful points of view.
- The ability to use data modeling and visualization tools. You enjoy working with and synthesizing extremely large and complex data sets.
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Experience in building financial risk management tools
- Familiarity with regulatory frameworks or past interaction with regulators is a plus
- Degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Financial Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics
- In addition to SQL, you might have experience with statistical programming languages
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄