Risk Escalation Specialist
Stripe (View all Jobs)
Chicago and Remote - US
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Stripe is a technology company that builds eCommerce infrastructure for the internet. Businesses of all sizes, from new startups to larger companies like Yelp and Facebook, use our software to accept payments and scale their businesses. Stripe’s Risk Team is committed to making internet payments safe around the world. The stakes are high, and you will be up against an ever-evolving set of challenges.
What you’ll do
As a Risk Operations Analyst, you will have a ‘Users First’ mindset with every interaction and approach you take and continue to elevate the visibility and importance of Risk work in the wider organization. You will be responsible for conducting detailed account investigations and making account-level judgements, provide ongoing support for special handling cases (e.g. escalations from social media channels and to Stripe Executives), conduct user experience post-mortems through data collection exercises and root-cause analysis, be proactive in engaging with cross-functional stakeholders and continuously focus on elevating the Stripe Risk user experience.
- Handle risk-related user escalations and review individual Stripe accounts and transactions to identify a host of risky behaviors including fraudulent activity, large credit exposure, and regulatory non-compliance
- Collaborate with merchants to enact appropriate risk mitigations
- Use data to identify and surface user pain-points and trends from various risk interactions focusing on identifying and remediating root-cause
- Drive initiatives and process changes to excel and scale Risk User Experience
- Partner closely with our cross-functional teams; Risk Operations, User Operations, Trust & Safety and Community Ops
- Develop, document, and share best practices with the wider Risk Operations team
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- Naturally curious and passionate about risk prevention: if something seems off, you want to investigate what’s going on and solve root problems
- Decisive, yet open to learning: you will make many critical decisions every day, even with the knowledge that you will be wrong some of the time
- Understanding and empathetic to the challenges of setting up a new business
- Excellent communicator who is able to convey complex ideas succinctly
- Able to communicate in English at a business level
- Proficiency in SQL or other data analysis tools
- Any other languages relevant to the APAC, EMEA, or AMER markets
- Experience with payments, risk, compliance, or the financial industry
- Experience in a role supporting users at a fast-growing technology company
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄