Manager, Premium Services
Stripe (View all Jobs)
San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago, NYC, remote in North America
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
The Premium Services team directly supports our largest, and fastest growing users. We provide proactive consultation, best practice guidance, and ongoing managed services to optimize and accelerate our users’ business. We are always pursuing excellence in user service, aiming to consistently exceed expectations.
What you’ll do
You'll be part coach, part diplomat, part entrepreneur - 100% committed to building and sustaining trust with Stripe users and your team.
- Guide your team and the Premium Services organization to deliver incredible services experiences, grow services revenue and contribute to strategic programs
- Ensure team members are happy, effective, and growing in their career and new work
- Set clear goals and direction; providing regular feedback on team members’ performance
- Analyze data from user feedback and experiences to drive efficiency and build quality
- Be an advocate for Stripe users and champion for users needs internally
- Transmit and foster our values, serving as a beacon of Stripe’s user-centric philosophy and culture of transparency, empathy, inclusion, and empowerment
- Help build the organization through management projects such as recruiting, training, writing team policies, defining team processes, or other organizational improvements
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- At least 10+ years of direct people management experience
- Experience leading technical operational service / technical support teams and programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience leading growth initiatives either through sales revenue and/or operational service with winning track-record
- An ability to execute on and deliver complex operational projects involving multiple cross-functional stakeholders
- Experience working in in high-growth technology companies
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄