Data Migrations Specialist
Stripe (View all Jobs)
San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago, New York City, Remote in North America
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
The User-Migrations team helps migrate data to and from the Stripe platform. This team works directly with global payment service providers, Stripe users, and internal stakeholders to ensure secure, on-time, and compliant transfers of payment information.
What you’ll do
Act as the primary voice of the User-Migrations team; working closely with current and new Stripe users, third party processors, and internal Stripe teams. Become an expert in migrating data to, from, and within the Stripe platform.
- Translate complex technical information and processes into clear and concise documentation tailored to a variety of audiences.
- Establish and develop relationships with external payment processors and internal Stripe teams; identifying and implementing best practices and process optimizations.
- Identify technical and procedural bottlenecks, support escalation management, and drive accountability across stakeholders.
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 4+ years of experience in a user-facing technical/support role, a passion for technology, and sharp problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across technical and non-technical audiences.
- A thoughtful, patient, and friendly communication style, and enjoys teaching/educating others through scalable content and documentation.
- Great organizational and time management ability, balancing multiple migration efforts at once.
- A technical aptitude and curiosity to learn command line tools and scripting.
- Great teamwork and collaboration aspirations with a desire to contribute to a high performing team.
- Experience working at a high-growth software company
- Experience working with Enterprise clients in a consultative engagement
- Understanding of and experience with migrating sensitive data
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄