Engineering Manager, Identity Core
Stripe (View all Jobs)
Seattle, San Francisco, Chicago, New York, Remote (North America)
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Before Stripe, every growing internet platform had a payments team. Today, every growing internet platform has an Identity/Risk team. Identity verification is a core piece of economic infrastructure for online businesses. Stripe is working on making the global financial system programmable. This is one of the largest opportunities for impact in the history of computing, on par with the rise of modern operating systems. At the core of this effort is our Stripe Identity product.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to help lead a team that builds the core platform capabilities (e.g. API, policy, and backend) to enable more growing startups and enterprise businesses build their businesses with Stripe. In addition, this team shoulders the weighty obligation to both businesses and their end customers to manage our users’ data with integrity, trust, and transparency. As the Engineering Manager for this team, you will be pivotal in defining how these capabilities grow and evolve.
- Work with a team of talented engineers, product managers, and others to deliver a platform that supports Stripe Identity
- Building computing infrastructure & architecture that operates on personally identifiable information
- Actively contribute to strategic & product direction for a new, emerging business
- Manage relationships with 3rd parties including vendors and regulatory relationships
- Recruit, hire, scale, and develop an amazing team of engineers
- Collaborate with stakeholders and drive projects involving a wide variety of technologies and systems to successful completion
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- At least five years of people management experience
- A low ego and bring a high degree of empathy
- Encouraged a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- A passion for building teams that include identities, backgrounds, and experiences that reflect those of our ideal user base
- Helped engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers
- A track record of leading productive engineering teams, while attracting great teammates
- Thrived with having a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Previous experience or interest in identity verification products
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄