Engineering Manager, Experimentation
Stripe (View all Jobs)
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
What you’ll do
You will be responsible for building out platforms to accelerate Stripe’s data productivity as Stripe scales. That includes building an Experimentation Platform, internal dashboarding and notebooking portal, an interface to analytical query engines, and data documentation and discovery tools. More than 80% of Stripes are active users of our platforms and more than 60% have produced and shared data using our platforms last year
- Build a centralized experimentation platform to make it a core part of how Stripe makes decisions about improving our product experience and operations
- Improve our data visualization tooling and platform to democratize data access and create dynamic tools and reporting
- Dataset lineage and provenance explorer and integration with other internal data service
- Build batch and streaming infrastructure which will enable rapid development of experiments as well as analysis and monitoring of running experiments
- Build easy to use client libraries to enable integration with the platform and instrumentation of important events
Who you are
You have led technical teams building large-scale data platforms, has extreme attention to detail, concisely communicates complex concepts, and is equally excited about 99.9999% reliability and data quality as well as beautiful product UX and API design.
- Experience building and leading productive engineering teams
- Successfully recruited great people to your teams.
- Experience working on a large scale Visualization, Experimentation, or Personalization platforms
- The ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- The desire to encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging.
- A genuine excitement to help engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise
- Beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement and can optimize for shipping a portfolio of small, medium and large releases
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄