Staff Engineer, Crypto
Stripe (View all Jobs)
SF, SEA, NYC, Remote
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Stripe Crypto is scaling the economic infrastructure of the future; working to enable crypto native products for both established web2 businesses as well as rapidly growing web3 startups. As we embark on our mission to increase the GDP of the internet, we are building products that will enable creators and bleeding edge organizations of any scale to accept payments, move funds, and exchange fiat for crypto. Stripe is creating faster, more secure, and more reliable infrastructures and products so that coin exchanges, NFT marketplaces, and blockchain researchers can focus on innovation.
What you'll do
As a Staff Engineer on the team, you will design and build the core components that we need to support crypto use cases, and play a critical role in taking new products from zero to one. You will work across a full stack including building backend, payment and identity systems. Stripe is the financial plumbing for millions of online businesses and the work our Crypto team does will enable access to millions more.
- Lay the foundation to support and inform Stripe’s crypto strategy
- Identify and resolve long-term technical challenges across a broad range of areas including blockchain and data storage services, as well as API design and user experience
- Work closely with engineers and engineering leadership as a technical expert
- Develop and execute against both short- and long-term roadmaps. Make effective tradeoffs that consider business priorities, user experience, and a sustainable technical foundation
Who you are
An expert in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space who has both lead teams and projects from inception to production. You're a leader in both the organization you're currently working in and the industry at large.
- Experience developing in the cryptocurrency space at web scale
- A track record of directing technical investment in new products, allowing them to grow from fledgling efforts into thriving businesses
- Experience as a technical lead and defined the roadmap for complex projects spanning multiple teams and functions. You work well cross-functionally and earn trust from co-workers at all levels, driving consensus and results
- A deep care about hiring and growing engineers on your team, you're a talent magnet and a mentor
- A strong technical background including 10+ years of experience designing and engineering large-scale systems
- An active and visible presence within the web3 community, you're published and present at reputable crypto conferences
- You've built a full decentralized stack, from the network layer up to defi applications -
- You know things we don't and have opinions on how to make Stripe the ubiquitous solution for scaling crypto businesses
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄