Engineering Manager, Payment Processing
Stripe (View all Jobs)
San Francisco, Seattle, Remote
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
As a platform company powering businesses all over the world, Stripe processes payments, runs marketplaces, detects fraud, helps entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world, builds world-class developer-friendly APIs, and more.
The Payments Processing team owns all of Stripe’s most critical payment flows, with our platform processing hundreds of billions of dollars in card payments and locally preferred payment methods annually. Engineers on the team have the opportunity to expand the reach of Stripe’s global payments network, design and implement novel payment capabilities, and deliver best-in-class reliability and performance.
- Work with all Stripe leaders across the company to create and drive toward the vision of Stripe’s payment platform
- Drive the roadmap and priorities for your team, and work with dependencies across the company
- Support the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical excellence and stability
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and interface effectively with the rest of Stripe
- Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with Stripe’s recruiting team
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience with minimum 5 years of experience with software development
- 3 years of experience in a technical leadership role; overseeing strategic projects, including 2 years of people management experience
- Built diverse teams to tackle challenging technical problems
- Thrived in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has successfully shipped and operated critical infrastructure. You’ll have significant responsibility over the funds flowing through Stripe and the ability to make or break Stripe’s future
- Thrives on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Is curious. You enjoy learning and diving into the nuts-and-bolts of how things work – in this role, you’ll learn a ton about global money movement rails, currency conversion, intercompany flows, finance and accounting and more
- Is humble. It’s important to continue to learn and grow as an individual, engineer, and leader
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄