Full Stack Engineer, Capital
Stripe (View all Jobs)
New York City, Remote (North America)
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Stripe Capital provides access to fast, flexible financing to small-and-medium businesses on Stripe to accelerate their growth. Businesses use the funds for marketing, team growth, geographic expansion, working capital, new equipment purchases, and much more. Over 95% of our users say they love our product—and we’re just getting started!
The Capital engineering team is responsible for building the infrastructure to launch and support our products across a diverse set of merchants and geographies.
What you’ll do
As a full stack engineer on Capital engineering, you’ll have the opportunity to work on all parts of the product stack, from designing and building APIs and user-facing experiences to building complex low-level money movement workflows.
- Scope and lead complex technical projects, laying the groundwork for early-stage products that need to iteratively evolve and scale
- Align our technical decisions with Stripe’s broad strategic initiatives, while also advocating for needs specific to emerging new businesses
- Develop and execute against both short- and long-term roadmaps. Make effective tradeoffs that consider business priorities, user experience, and a sustainable technical foundation
- Engineer solutions across systems such as core money-movement infrastructure, data pipelines, banking systems, and more
- Be responsible to our users and partners for the reliability and effectiveness of the products, infrastructure, and tooling we build
- Mentor engineers earlier in their technical careers to help them grow
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- Have a strong technical background, including 5+ years of experience working on the frontend, backend, and doing anything it takes to solve problems and delight users
- Are comfortable working on a new product under fluid conditions, seamlessly balancing tactical and strategic considerations
- Prefer simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and have a good intuition for what will last and scale
- Internalize the best ideas from across the organization, humbly setting a vision that others are excited to get behind
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject-matter experts, and you want to become a subject-matter expert yourself
- Are comfortable with goals that are ambiguous, and can help drive them towards clarity by defining metrics and investigating analytics as needed
- Strong knowledge and opinions about best practices in React codebases
- Have helped grow a new team or product
- Are excited about building a great team environment
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄