Product Lead, User Billing
Stripe (View all Jobs)
San Francsico, Seattle
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
The User Billing team owns an unusual mix of platform, infrastructure, and product problems. We are looking for people with a strong background or interest in working across these domains to build successful platforms and systems. You’re comfortable dealing with many moving pieces, and you work effectively across teams and functions.
What you’ll do
You will be focused on defining and delivering these capabilities for the next 10 years of Stripe. As fintech continues to transform offline and digital businesses, your work will enable Stripe’s customers to model complex business structures, as well as novel structures which may not exist yet. It’s a chance to have a huge impact on increasing the GDP of the Internet!
- Deeply understand the users and downstream consumers of this data touching multiple business domains, by working with Stripe’s users, and with Stripe’s technical and business teams
- Partner with engineering leaders to design ingestion, enrichment, storage and serving interfaces to meet these user needs. You’ll synthesize and champion the various users’ and stakeholders’ to ensure we create surprisingly great experiences
- Own the product strategy and roadmap for this critical infrastructure
- Be a leader, do-er and change agent in helping us execute effectively
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 6-10+ years of experience as a Product Manager in technology companies. Experience managing and mentoring Product Managers is a plus
- Experience building platform infrastructure that serves and balances the needs of multiple users and stakeholders. You’re excited by thinking through the right balance between flexibility and consistency, and comfortable communicating prioritization among competing user needs
- Experience transforming legacy systems into their next generation
- Familiarity with workflows, systems and technologies to ingest, enrich, store and serve data (e.g. Tableau/Looker/DataStudio; Snowflake/RedShift/BigQuery; Spark/Hadoop/AWS EMR)
- The ability to work cross functionally and speak multiple ‘languages’: you’re equally credible as a thought partner for Engineering, Finance or Legal leaders
- Most importantly, we’re looking for great product managers who deeply understand their users, turn that into great plans, and make those plans happen. Even if you don’t have all the experience above we’d encourage you to apply if this role excites you
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄