Engineering Manager, Cards
Stripe (View all Jobs)
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies - from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups - use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone's reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
The Cards team owns all of Stripe APAC’s most critical payment flows, with our platform processing hundreds of billions of dollars in card payments and locally preferred payment methods annually. Engineers on the team have the opportunity to expand the reach of Stripe’s global payments network, design and implement novel payment capabilities, and deliver best-in-class reliability and performance.
We have backend engineers in almost every team across Stripe, and in that role, you’ll be making some of the most significant decisions for the company. We’re looking for an experienced engineering leader to help grow our engineering teams in India, Singapore and Japan.You’ll lead our team of engineers to build delightful features that span various parts of the system, as well as our business, sales and operations teams to understand and solve our users’ pain points.
What you’ll do
- Work with other Stripe leaders to design and drive the plan for Stripe’s vision in APAC
- Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with Stripe’s recruiting team
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Empower the engineering team to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability and simplicity
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
- You may be a fit for this role if you:
- You have a track record of leading productive engineering teams
- You’ve successfully recruited great people to your teams
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- You encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- You’re excited to help engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers
- You’re clear and persuasive in writing and in person
- You lead by example, by setting the right context, and by helping teammates do their best work
- You’re technical enough to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisionsYou’re an experienced engineering manager who has mentored other engineering leaders grow
Who you are
We're looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent field
- 3+ years of engineering management experience
- 4+ years of experience in a software development role
- Demonstrated ability of defining & driving complex initiatives/projects
- Experience hiring top talents and building teams from scratch
- Ops expertise (metrics, alarming, paging, and service availability)
- The ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄