Staff Engineer, Money Movement
Stripe (View all Jobs)
San Francisco, Seattle, Toronto, Remote
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Money Movement teams are crucial in helping Stripe build platforms and product experiences that enables businesses all over the world to move money.
We are currently looking for someone who can drive the technical vision for how Stripe moves money at a global scale. This role spans the stack, from the core financial APIs that all of Stripe’s products are built on—like balances, transfers and payouts—to the financial integrations we rely on to move billions of dollars in countries around the world. The teams also run infrastructure that abstracts payment networks globally to expose capabilities for moving money with a variety of characteristics like speed, currency, and cost. We are responsible for ensuring that money gets to its destination quickly, reliably and in a cost effective manner.
These systems are extremely central to our plans for the next 5-10 years and building them well will have an enormous impact on Stripe.
- Help define and lead the technical roadmap for Money Movement.
- Ensure our infrastructure is safely extensible, scalable, reliable and meets SLAs for both external and internal users.
- Shape future proof interfaces that are easy to build against and meet the requirements of product teams.
- Help drive sound technical decision making within Money Movement and lead technical conversations with other teams across Payments Infrastructure and Stripe.
- Run, design, and code review for key components and ships in Money Movement.
- Pair with the engineer manager to mentor and develop senior engineering talent on the teams.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have previously been in Technical Leadership roles driving technical work for a large group of engineers.
- Have solid experience in architecting and designing large-scale and complex systems that delivered critical impact to a well-known business.
- Have rich experience in driving, executing, and delivering high quality technical solutions.
- Are skilled in gathering and effectively synthesizing users’ feedback and experience with platforms and product offerings.
- Are skilled in working across engineering teams and other functions in building alignment, driving decision making, and communicating transparently.
- Are effective in giving and receiving constructive feedback to/from peers and team members.
- Are comfortable in working in ambiguously defined problem spaces, can identify the most valuable areas to direct your energy, and have delivered tangible results, as demonstrated in prior experiences.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄