Staff Engineer, Platforms
Stripe (View all Jobs)
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Who We Are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the Team
The APAC Platforms team focuses on building software services and platforms that will impact every Stripe user, whether they’re an end user, developer, or partner. Our teams help to drive customer success and growth in key APAC countries, build intuitive and delightful onboarding experiences that strengthen our reputation for exceptional user experience as well as build and implement product ideas that directly reduce Stripe’s risk exposure and losses.
What you'll do:
- Scope and lead large technical projects with enormous impact for our users in APAC
- Scrutinize and reason clearly about the technology and architecture choices we make in building these products. In many cases, you will be the responsible for making these decisions
- Directly contribute to core interface design and write code. Serve as a role model for how great software should be written for Stripe as a whole
- Arbitrate critical decisions correctly that fully consider software best practices, Stripe system realities, and numerous stakeholders’ preferences and concerns
- Advise Stripe’s leadership team on key technical considerations related to the future of payments (e.g., on the utility of blockchain technologies). If you’re successful, you will change the trajectory of the payment industry as a whole
- Work effectively cross functionally and teach and mentor the next generation of technical leaders at Stripe
Who You Are:
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- Have a strong technical background, including 8+ years of experience with system architecture and API design
- Have been a Staff, Principal, or Distinguished Engineer
- Served as the technical lead for a team of engineers and can demonstrate broad technical leadership
- Own the technical roadmap for a business area
- Listen well and internalize the best ideas from all over the organization while also setting a vision that others are excited to get behind
- Work well cross-functionally and build trust amongst your co-workers at all levels and across all teams
- Payment experience is a plus but not at all a requirement
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄