Software Engineer, Revenue and Financial Management
Stripe (View all Jobs)
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Stripe’s Revenue & Financial Management group is building new products that expand the scope of problems we tackle beyond payments into Revenue Management, Financial Operations and analytics. Right now this includes products like Billing, Invoicing, Revenue Recognition, Reconciliation and the underlying platform for batch and real time processing of large scale financial data to power these solutions. These solutions are going to be key pillars for Stripe’s growing SaaS business and a major revenue stream.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Software Engineer that will help architect and design this system from ground up. You will work across a variety of projects and initiatives while also mentoring and growing others on the team.
- Design, build, and maintain services and systems that power Stripe’s financial data management infrastructure
- Build a great customer experience for non-engineers to reason with Financial data
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features at large-scale
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- You have a strong technical background, including 8+ years of experience with system architecture and designing distributed systems handling large amounts of data
- Has experience and interest in working on systems like Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Iceberg, and Airflow
- Can debug complex problems across the whole stack
- Focuses on the needs of our users, both internal and external
- Holds themselves and others to a high bar when working with production
- Has a metrics driven approach and can make informed decisions using data
- Is able to write high quality code in a programming language (e.g. Java, Scala, Go)
- Domain expertise in accounting or financial management is a plus but not at all a requirement
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄