Staff Engineer, Financial Data
Stripe (View all Jobs)
Seattle, San Francisco, USA (Remote)
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
The Financial Data team owns the single source of truth for all financial data in Stripe. Engineers on the Financial Data team build platforms, tools, dashboards, alerting and products to ensure that Stripe’s financial data is complete, accurate, and timely. It supports data consumers like Accounting, Treasury, Revenue, and Cost. The use cases include reconciliation, financial forecasting, financial data analytics & business intelligence, compliance reporting, and auditing & compliance.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for people with a strong background or interest in building successful products or systems; you’re passionate about data, you are comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; and you’re comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
- Ensure our platform solutions and user billing data are high quality, meet the needs of our internal users, and position us to meet Stripe’s growth
- Ensure Financial Data products built on top of the platforms are high quality, meet the needs of our external users, and position us to meet the business goals
- Drive interoperability across platforms in Financial Data, and the integrations across Stripe, mostly with product and global teams
- Scrutinize User Billing interfaces, elevating our focus on speed and correctness within Financial Data
- Help drive sound technical decision making within Financial Data and lead technical conversations between Financial Data and other teams across PIN and Stripe
- Run design and code review for key components and ships in Financial Data
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- Have solid experience in architecting and designing large-scale and complex systems that delivered critical impact to a well-known business
- Have rich experience in driving, executing, and delivering high quality technical solutions
- Are skilled in gathering and effectively synthesizing users’ feedback and experience with platforms and product offerings
- Are skilled in working across engineering teams and other functions in building alignment, driving decision making, and communicating transparently
- Are effective in giving and receiving constructive feedback to/from peers and team members
You’re not expected to have expertise across all of these areas! We have wonderful team members who focus on our customers’ needs and build amazing user experiences, and didn’t work on APIs before joining Stripe.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄