Platform Engineer, Atlassian
Stripe (View all Jobs)
Remote North America
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Build the infrastructure that helps us build Stripe
The Core Applications team at Stripe builds and runs the systems that keep Stripe running smoothly. Your work will connect Stripes from around the world and contribute directly to the company’s mission of making online payments easier and better.
What you’ll do
As a Platform Engineer on the Core Applications team, you will play a critical role in building and scaling our internal systems while ensuring your fellow Stripes continue to be productive and happy. As part of the team that administers our Atlassian products, you’ll be one of the primary points of contact for Atlassian Platform.
- Design, administer, build, and scale Stripe’s Atlassian (Jira, Confluence) services
- Develop, configure and optimize workflows, reports, dashboards, and other customizations
- Build and support Jira workflows, projects, custom field configurations, screen schemes, permission schemes and notification schemes
- Install, manage and administer Jira/Confluence add-ons
- Work with ScriptRunner and Automation for Jira plugins
- Design and ship tools and automation to drive Stripe’s productivity and efficiency
- Collaborate across global teams including operations, infrastructure, security and engineering
- Work closely with our IT team to scale enterprise applications operations and support
- Troubleshoot and solve complex issues spanning multiple systems, teams, and regions
- Create and maintain detailed technical and user facing documentation
- Help grow and mentor the global IT organization
- Participate in regular on-call responsibilities
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 5+ years of relevant technical experience in system administration or engineering
- Demonstrated experience scaling Atlassian products to support 8000+ users
- Expertise managing enterprise applications (Slack, G Suite, Dropbox, JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience with implementing, maintaining and operating ediscovery tools and systems
- Experience with Linux infrastructure, systems, software, and tools
- Experience with Information Technology and Security best practices
- Ability to plan, drive, code, and support multiple, concurrent projects and initiatives
- Empathetic, humble and customer focused demeanor
- Exemplary collaboration and communication skills
- Comfort working in high growth environments
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄