Sr. iOS + tvOS Software Engineer
Philo (View all Jobs)
San Francisco, CA or remote
1. Initial screen with deep-dive into one of your recent projects (30 mins) 2. Take-home coding exercise tailored your skills (4 hours) 3. On-site with take-home code review, architecture interview, design interview and "soft skills"interview (4 hours)
Programming Languages Mentioned
Senior iOS + tvOS Software Engineer
Philo is building the future of television. Our product lets you watch your favorite shows on all the devices you care about, with seamless playback, insightful discovery, and effortless sharing — in short, we’re building the TV experience that we’ve always wanted for ourselves.
We’re a company that puts people first — both our subscribers and our team. At Philo, our philosophy is to empower our colleagues to do their best work while supporting each other in pursuing shared goals. We value pragmatism, pride in our work, and passion. We believe in having transparency and openness across all parts of the company.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion as we grow the Philo team and shape the future of TV. We believe that a diverse set of voices and perspectives on our team enables us to innovate faster and create the best experience for our subscribers.
Philo is headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in New York and Cambridge, MA. Our leadership team includes a cofounder of Facebook as well as alums of Meraki and HBO. Philo is backed by NEA and industry partners including Discovery, Viacom, AMC, and A&E.
Philo engineers own what they build from start to finish. We are actively hiring engineers who are looking to build a completely new kind of product and who have a passion for Apple development.
As an iOS engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Architecting, building, and owning the iOS mobile experience
- Architecting, building, and owning the tvOS (Apple TV) app experience
- Contributing to UX design decisions with Apple ecosystem expertise
- Helping to grow the mobile team
A strong candidate is:
- Comfortable with Swift, AVFoundation, and Combine framework.
- Familiar with the Apple ecosystem including feature sets and best practices across devices and operating system versions
- 8+ years of mobile development experience
Nice to have:
- SwiftUI, UIKit, or Programmatic UI experience
- GraphQL experience
- Experience with video playback (HLS or DASH)
- Experience with diffable data sources
- Experience with cross device interoperability (e.g. casting)
- tvOS development experience
- Comfortable with reactive development
- CI/CD experience
Projected Start Date: ASAP
Location: San Francisco, CA or remote
Compensation: Includes annual salary between $130K-$210K depending on experience and location, company stock options, and health benefits.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. Philo is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone does their best work when they are supported by each other and the company, and we offer a generous set of benefits to make sure the Philo team is happy and healthy. Here is a sampling of the benefits we offer our team:
- Full health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off for vacation
- $2000 annual vacation bonus (we pay you to take a two-week vacation)
- $5000 annually for professional development and educational assistance
- $500 “TV stipend” for new employees to upgrade their home watching setup
- $1000 annual home office stipend for employees to upgrade their home work setup
- $500/month ($6,000/year) bonus for employees who commit to working at least 3 days per week in our offices
- Dog-friendly office
- And much more!
For California Residents: Philo’s CCPA Notice at Collection – Employees, Applicants, Owners, Directors, Officers and Contractors
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄