Senior Software Engineer - Backend - Philippines
Rocket Travel (View all Jobs)
1. Pair programming 2. Take home project (2-4 hours) 3. 3-4 hour final interview with mix of high level technical, product, and cultural/behavioral sessions.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Rocket Travel, a brand under Agoda, and a subsidiary of Booking Holdings, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer - Backend with experience with JVM languages like Java, Groovy, and Kotlin to join our engineering team.
In this role, you will be involved in all facets of the software development process, from inception to deployment. You should enjoy building new products, playing with APIs and data, and discovering and exploring new technologies and ideas. Rocket Travel also partners with Agoda (a subsidiary of Booking Holdings) to build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally.
At Rocket, we encourage experimentation, so we're not a one language/one framework shop. We hire people who know how to pick the right tool for the job and learn along the way. We regularly use domain specific languages like Groovy and Kotlin in our daily work.
Rocket Travel is a place where you:
- Receive a competitive compensation package + Semi-annual performance bonus!
- Have Benefits! We observe Philippine holidays. Paid Time-Off / Leaves (15 vacation days, 15 sick days) + Full HMO coverage including 1 dependent on DAY 1!
- Have a Flexible Schedule! We believe in having flexible working hours. No requirement to work in the office, can be fully remote!
- Receive the right tools to do the job! We provide the computer!
- Work with a group of intrinsically motivated people with a track record for building successful new businesses from scratch.
- Embody curiosity, community, and accountability. We live and build products by these values every day.
- Own decisions and take action that can be implemented in a matter of days (or hours).
- Share your passion for travel with equally adventurous teammates.
- Work within the largest online travel company in the world. Rocket Travel, under Agoda, creates B2C and B2B2C travel products and is part of Booking Holdings (BKNG). We have many worldwide partners and a diversified business. Despite the world’s current situation, Booking Holdings has been rated the healthiest company in travel, and Rocket itself is already seeing travel demand surpass pre-pandemic levels
As an Senior Software Engineer - Backend at Rocket Travel, you will:
- Add visibility to critical applications and processes.
- Evolve the Rocket toolkit by identifying and recommending the best tool for each task.
- Create A/B tests to bring our users a constantly improving experience.
- Improve existing code to make it more testable, tested, and resilient.
- Deploy daily to highly-available applications.
- Maintain a sense of empathy for our customers and moving quickly where users are most acutely affected.
- You must be a resident of the Philippines
- You have worked with JVM tools and languages in a professional context for at least 3 years at an advanced-level.
- You have used at least one other JVM language other than Java, for at least one project (Groovy, Scala, Kotlin or Clojure).
- You have deployed applications to AWS or a similar cloud provider.
- You are passionate about sharing ownership and product direction for our customer-facing products or internal applications.
- You are passionate about learning and helping your teammates learn.
- You are passionate about how your code translates into a better customer experience.
- You are familiar with agile programming methodologies.
About Rocket Travel
Rocket Travel partners with companies around the world to make travel even more rewarding. Our customers can earn and redeem miles, points, and gift cards, or save big with exclusive discounts, for booking travel accommodations around the world, from global favorite brands to boutique bed and breakfasts. We also help our partners curate vacation excursion planning and car rental services, with a completely branded experience from the first search to check-out from their stay.
We attract customers from every corner of the globe with a user experience that's built in-house from ideation to finished product: our team includes front- and back-end developers, customer service, data analysts, designers, marketers, accountants, partnership sales, and managers. We have offices in Chicago, NYC, Bangkok, Bogota, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, and Cebu, as well as colleagues working remotely across four continents. Our global partnerships range from world-class airlines to international banks to large-scale shopping platforms.
We began in 2013 as a start-up, were acquired by Bookings Holdings two quick years later, and we've been growing rapidly ever since. Rocket Travel is dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone has the opportunity to reach new heights in their career, and expand their knowledge working alongside talented, dedicated colleagues. We encourage all applicants with a touch of wanderlust to apply to our team, as we work toward helping our travelers reach the vacation of their dreams.
At Rocket Travel, we’re building a diverse team that values accountability, curiosity, and community. If you share these values and are interested in joining us, we’d love to talk with you even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements listed here. We don’t expect anyone to have all the answers, as long as they’re willing to learn and grow with us. Diversity, equity and inclusion are Rocket Travel priorities, and we are looking for candidates who will contribute positively to the company's mission to be an inclusive environment. Rocketmiles has multiple employee resource groups, including a diversity and inclusion committee, and has committed to DEI goals in hiring, employee retention, and the overall demographics of the organization. DEI is an important element of our values and we conduct ongoing and regular training for our teammates in an effort to foster collaboration, improve morale, and support one another.
To all recruitment agencies: Rocket Travel does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Rocket Travel employees or any other organization location. Rocket Travel is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄