Senior Security Engineer
Loom (View all Jobs)
1. Google Hangouts resume dive on past experience 2. Take-home project OR architectural phone screen 3. On-site interviews (2 technical architecture related to work, 1 or 2 non-technical)
Programming Languages Mentioned
Loom is the video communication platform for async work that helps companies communicate better at scale. Loom makes it easy to record quick videos of your screen and camera and instantly share them with a link. More than 14M users across more than 200k companies around the world trust Loom to share feedback, updates, intros, training, and more – every day. Founded in late 2015, Loom has raised $203M from world-class investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Iconic, and Coatue.
- Build enterprise-grade secure cloud infrastructure and application policies to protect Loom networks, systems, and SaaS offerings.
- Design and develop frameworks, tools, and best practices to protect and mitigate any forms of risk.
- Work with the compliance and governance teams to implement compliance and security requirements.
- Assist with Security vulnerability reviews, threat modeling, system and application design reviews.
- Help manage our pen testing and bug bounty program.
- Lead and mentor other engineers and evangelize security practices to foster a culture of security companywide.
What We're Looking For
- 3-5 years of industry experience developing and implementing fundamental security features and solutions using security frameworks such as CIS, NIST, ISO, SOC2, etc.
- Excellent understanding of information security, cryptography, secure networking, logging/detection, cloud security architecture (GCP/AWS), IAM/PAM, security policies, and code signing concepts.
- Experience designing and deploying public key infrastructure, authorization systems, and/or key management systems.
- Experience in web app security, vulnerability research, and penetration testing
- Knowledge of network-based and system-level attacks and mitigation methods
- 3+ years of programming with Python or Go
How We Work
Perks at Loom
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- 99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Professional development reimbursement
- Wellness stipends
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Remote work opportunities
- Home office & technology reimbursement
Loom = Equal Opportunity Employer
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄