Engineering Manager, Offers and Pricing
Extend (View all Jobs)
1. Phone call 2. A take home project similar to making a PR at work 3. Then a meet & greet with the team.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Extend is modernizing the $100 billion-per-year extended warranty and protection plan industry using cutting-edge technology, and top-notch customer service. After a $260M Series C financing round, we are ready to continue to scale our organization and grow beyond our $1.6B valuation.
Our API-first solution allows any merchant to offer extended warranties and protection plans, both online and offline, while also providing a merchant's end customers with a vastly improved and modern support experience that eliminates many of the issues customers face today with legacy underwriters.
We are a venture-backed startup based in downtown San Francisco that is led by founders who have previously had multiple successful exits. Extend is simplifying the technology stack for the extended warranty industry.
About The Role:
What You'll Do:
- You will have a unique opportunity to play a significant role in driving strategic growth for a Series C startup on a rocketship growth trajectory.
- Build and nurture strong relationships that help find solutions that provide value for merchants and their customers.
- Build a strong engineering culture and team to own our vision of enabling merchants to sell extended warranties more easily.
- Act as the primary stakeholder to build and meet expectations in terms of availability, scalability, observability of the systems and services in your area.
- Provide guidance and support to the engineering team including performance feedback, technical architecture, hiring, and leadership.
- Plan and Execute on goals [quarterly/annual] for engineering platform deliverables.
What We Are Looking For:
- 8+ years of experience in software development.
- 2+ years of experience as an Engineering Leader, Manager or Director.
- Working knowledge of service oriented architectures or microservices.
- Working knowledge of serverless architecture and infrastructure as code.
- Experience working in a cloud infrastructure (AWS).
- Experience coaching software engineers on software architecture, patterns, and best practices.
- Ability to lead engineers working remotely across multiple locations.
- A strong cross-functional partner who brings together multiple divisions, some reporting directly to you and others indirectly.
- Proven track record of building, growing, and leading high performing engineering teams.
- Communication & Relationships: Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships both internally and with business stakeholders, product management, and other engineering leaders.
- Collaborative: Outgoing team player excited to work cross-functionally and build relationships.
- Proactive Leadership: Seeks out new opportunities, drives projects and navigates ambiguity with grace.
Nice to Haves:
- Fluency in Typescript.
- Built event driven systems.
- Worked with AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, API Gateway and other cloud services.
- Designed systems around microservice architecture patterns.
Life at Extend:
- Working with a great team from diverse backgrounds in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental & vision benefits.
- Stock in an early-stage startup growing quickly.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- 401(k) with Financial Guidance from Morgan Stanley.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄