Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
Extend (View all Jobs)
1. Phone call 2. A take home project similar to making a PR at work 3. Then a meet & greet with the team.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Extend is modernizing the $100 billion-per-year extended warranty and protection plan industry using cutting-edge technology, and top-notch customer service. After a $260M Series C financing round, we are ready to continue to scale our organization and grow beyond our $1.6B valuation.
Our API-first solution allows any merchant to offer extended warranties and protection plans, both online and offline, while also providing a merchant's end customers with a vastly improved and modern support experience that eliminates many of the issues customers face today with legacy underwriters.
We are a venture-backed startup based in downtown San Francisco that is led by founders who have previously had multiple successful exits. Extend is simplifying the technology stack for the extended warranty industry.
What You'll Do:
- Design and implement event-driven systems with AWS Serverless technologies.
- Collaborate with members of the engineering, product and design teams to deliver enhancements compatible with the existing platform.
- Influence the overall architecture and provide guidance to junior team members.
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Identify areas to improve and scale our architecture and application design.
- Develop robust solutions to manage our UI and other critical front end features.
What We Are Looking For:
- 4+ years experience as a software developer.
- Demonstrable track record building high-throughput applications that scale.
- Ability to own what you are building and see it through from end to end.
- Experience integrating and developing APIs with HTTP Rest and JSON.
- Ability to perform in a high energy environment with dynamic job responsibilities and priorities.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working on, and an understanding of, both client-side and server-side code.
- Experience with AWS Lambda, DynamoDB and API Gateway.
- Experience with distributed computing and microservices.
- Experience working with e-commerce platforms like Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce.
- Experiencing leading teams or projects.
Life at Extend:
- Working with a great team from diverse backgrounds in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental & vision benefits.
- Stock in an early-stage startup growing quickly.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- 401(k) with Financial Guidance from Morgan Stanley.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄