Senior Software Engineer - I, Backend
Airbase (View all Jobs)
1. Intro Call with HR or EMs 2. Small take-home project 3. Two tech rounds with Airbase Engineers (based on real world engineering problems) 4. Final values round with the Founder or Director of Engg.
Programming Languages Mentioned
About the Job:
We're looking for an experienced backend engineer who can contribute to our product. Our preferred stack is Python/Django and Java on the backend. This is an opportunity to have a big impact and get lots of ownership. We're looking for someone who thrives in the very early stages of a company and is self-driven.
- Deliver features in an end-to-end manner: technical design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance.
- Provide technical leadership and own specific areas of the Airbase platform.
- Work closely with Product Managers to translate product requirements to engineering specifications.
- Lead code review efforts and quality efforts in your area of ownership.
- Participate in product discussions, taking ownership and initiative.
- Work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Mentor and guide junior engineers.
- At least 5 years experience developing web applications and backend services in a professional setting.
- You should have played a lead role in building, shipping and maintaining a non-trivial production service.
- Strong experience with Python / Django or the Java ecosystem.
- Must have an excellent understanding of how the web works.
- Familiar with modern engineering practices: code reviews, continuous-deployment, automated testing.
- Must be willing to constantly learn new things.
- Passionate about joining a small team and building a company.
Nice to haves:
- A history of working on side/hobby projects and contributing to open source projects is a plus.
- You've worked at a startup before.
We offer competitive cash compensation and equity. We're a remote team and are happy to work with candidates from anywhere in the world.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄