Full Stack Engineer - Security
Zapier (View all Jobs)
Remote - AMER & EMEA
1. Recruiter interview 2. Take-home project 3. Code review of the take-home project 4. Technical discussions with hiring manager and engineers from the team, values interview.
Programming Languages Mentioned
We're looking for a Full Stack Engineer with a passion for security to join the Security Zone at Zapier. Our company is on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Over 5 million professionals already use Zapier to save more time, but there are millions more to reach. We owe it to our customers to be a responsible steward of their data and keep it safe and private.
Are you interested in working with a team that thrives on ownership where you default to action on your ideas and own them from start to finish? And you are happy to grab the keyboard and implement your ideas? Do you want to be part of a growing application security program for a fast-growing and powerful automation tool, called Zapier? Then read on…
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. Hopefully, you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
You’re conversant in security. You’re familiar with common security libraries, security controls, and security flaws. Whether you love OWASP Top 10, ASVS, CWE, or whatever, you have a solid grounding in what to look for and ideas on how to fix it (or avoid it in the first place!)
You build scalable web apps. You’ve worked across the stack, and you can dive into any aspect of an application, even though we might be more backend heavy in this role. Zapier is built on Python, Django, React, Node.js, and AWS. While we don’t require a specific number of years of experience, typically people at this level will have 4 or more years of recent professional experience, ideally with at least a year building security features and systems.
You love tooling and code quality. You get that not everything is shiny and user-facing. Building the tools that few people ever see but make everyone’s job easier and more secure is near and dear to your heart. You understand that testing your code and good code coverage is essential in delivering a solid product. You know how to document well and lean on automation whenever possible.
You have a systems-oriented mindset. You're inquisitive. You build a deep understanding of problems and are good at spotting patterns. You understand how to design and implement end-to-end software systems.
You love to collaborate. Whether it’s getting in the trenches to embed with engineering teams or jumping into design discussions to lend a security perspective, you’re all about helping out. You like pairing up with teammates when someone gets blocked, but also can summarize technical concepts effectively as you work with people from disciplines outside of engineering.
You value our values. At Zapier, our values are at the heart of how we work together and how we think about our customers. As a remote-first company, our values help develop trust and ensure we collaborate effectively to democratize automation. You recognize how our values can empower meaningful work, you thrive in a collaborative setting, you are eager to continue growing, and you’re excited to be part of the team.
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Even though our job description may seem like we're looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you meet these criteria:
Things You’ll Do
Zapier is a fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Design, implement, scale, and maintain services and product features owned by the Security Zone that directly impact our customers or partners.
- Design and build RESTful APIs
- Embed with engineering teams to help with security feature implementations to help them deliver value to customers in new and exciting ways
- Support Zapier product teams by building libraries, services, templates, and tools that make it easy to build software that is secure by default
- Provide guidance for secure coding practices and perform security code reviews to help teams identify issues ahead of time
- Monitor reliability and performance through dashboards and tools to ensure availability
- Dig into security bugs and security feature requests
The Whole Package
Location: AMER + EMEA
Our flexible, distributed environment lets us work with the best people from around the world. Zapiens live in 40+ countries, including the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more!
- Competitive salary and profit-sharing program
- Equity for All: Stock options (or equivalent) for every Zapien
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
- Two annual all-company retreats
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4-5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
*While we take care of Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare and retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and United States.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We first ask a few questions in our application form that would typically be asked at the start of an initial interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people, and do not discriminate based on race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, age, or any other status protected by local law. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Zapier is is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄