Staff Security Engineer - Vulnerability Management
Samsara (View all Jobs)
San Francisco, CA
1. Phone interview 2. Onsite interview (technical challenges based on real problems we've faced at Samsara)
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
The Staff Security Engineer - Vulnerability Management is responsible for building, operating, and maintaining Samsara’s core vulnerability management infrastructure. Reporting to the Director of Information Security, you will collaborate with a global team of engineers to build a world-class vulnerability management program utilizing modern shift-left principles across both corporate and product infrastructure.
You take Security seriously, and strive to build low friction solutions developed in close partnership with others. You are passionate about identifying and mitigating vulnerabilities across all components of infrastructure, from user endpoints to containerized production workloads. You will use your familiarity with a diverse set of technologies and practices to build a leading program in our industry.
In this role, you will:
- Spearhead the development, deployment, and management of Samsara’s vulnerability management program, including tool identification, integration, and ongoing operations.
- Work closely with teams within Security Operations, Security Engineering, IT, and Product Security to integrate vulnerability management in to all elements of Samsara’s technology portfolio.
- Be a key contributor to related efforts, such as code analysis and scanning, incident management, and dependency tracking.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Deep subject matter expertise within security vulnerability management, including extensive experience managing and deploying vulnerability management tools within technology organizations.
- Significant (8+ years) experience working in security engineering in the technology sector.
- Expert-level familiarity with Tenable.cs, Lacework, Wiz, Snyk, Palo Alto Prisma, or similar tooling.
- Proven track record of deploying vulnerability management programs with successful key performance indicators.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience integrating vulnerability management in to modern CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience mapping vulnerability management efforts to NIST CSF or similar frameworks.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄